Licking Furniture

Guest katieandpadfoot

Guest katieandpadfoot

My girl Katie who is 5 years old, will sometimes when she is cleaning herself...start to then lick the sofa, and she keeps at it. I'm not sure why she does this...it seems a little weird to me.

Guest NM_Greys

My girl Katie who is 5 years old, will sometimes when she is cleaning herself...start to then lick the sofa, and she keeps at it. I'm not sure why she does this...it seems a little weird to me.

I've seen the same from our guys. I'm not sure if it's a licking reflex that they get stuck in, if the licking is pleasurable, or perhaps they enjoy the texture on their tongue. Maybe it's leftover food smells. :-)

Guest katieandpadfoot

Thanks everyone at least now I know she isn't crazy!!! We'll she is a little crazy but oh well. Oh and to seeh2o...I get the same thing!!!! She looks at me like what's your problem mom!!!

Guest Keystone

My dogs lick their beds sometimes, but my Paulo licks the microfiber sofa so much that he gets brown on his face from the dye! We've now covered that sofa.

Our girl Chauncey will lick the pillows on the couch, our girl Tess will lick her bed and the area rug at times, I just let them go, it isn't hurting them so I figure it is just one more silly trait of theirs.

Wayne does exactly the same thing. He actually puts himself in a bit of a trance doing it.

You can always tell where he's been....the good old wet spot lol.gif

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest jvilches

I've got three that do that, and one that doesn't. They'll lick dog beds as well as our sofas. It's just one of those comforting things, I guess. Sometimes they don't even start with licking themselves, they just go straight to licking the sofa. :rolleyes:

Our long-term foster licks our new couch. Never licked the old one, but makes big wet spots on the new one :huh:blink:

It's gross. And - I'm still kicking myself for buying the fabric sofa that looks like leather instead of REAL leather. He's going to ruin it. I try to keep a blanket on it.

Oh - as to the question - yeah, some just do that. :huh

I once heard a rude phrase "window-licker" that I didn't think was at all funny .... I guess the greyhound equivalant is "sofa-licker". Now THAT I find funny! :blush