Teaching Stairs

Here's a good example of how not to teach stairs.... by letting the dog figure them out on his own. He might develop an odd habit! I think this is hilarious, but I feel a little bad for the grey. Check it out:

Sharon, Loki, Freyja, Capri (bridge angel and most beloved heart dog), Ajax (bridge angel) and Sweetie Pie (cat)

Visit Hound-Safe.com by Something Special Pet Supplies for muzzles and other dog safety products

:gh_bow

I thought that was hysterical the first time I saw it. Hey, whatever works!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

that is one of the many exercises we did in the more advance obedience classes. the goal was for our dogs to learn their where their bodies are and have more control. kudos to that pup, it's really difficult. i should try it again now that felix is older.

Guest KennelMom

wow, i can honestly say I have never seen that before :lol:lol

I know! just when you think you've seen it all :lol

That's pretty funny. We have stairs that lead up to our office area and a loft area full of dog beds. There's no real reason a dog *has* to go upstairs, so we really don't teach them. Most figure it out on their own by watching the other dogs. Of all the dogs that have come through here, I can honestly say I've never seen one attempt them backwards!!