Anubis Has An Osteosarcoma

Guest carolxi

I just thought of another issue: the bedroom is upstairs and he always sleeps on his bed beside mine. Maybe I will set up on the ground floor for a while. Has anyone else had this problem?

Living in an NYC studio apartment, I may have the least SF of anyone on this board. For Scarlett's last month or so I removed the cushion of her couch onto the floor so she wouldn't jump up there, moved my mattress onto the floor for her during the day and for us at night, and shoved the coffee table out of the way. I then covered as much of the hardwood floor as I could with yoga mats to give her a nice non-slip surface to walk on. In truth, she didn't move around a lot.

I have to say that most of those that I know have gone through that have changed our bed set-up in order to do what was best for the pups. We are a driven bunch. Our own comfort doesn't seem to matter when it comes to them.

Love on Anubis, make lots of memories.

I'm so sorry this is happening to you and Anubis. We really don't need any new members in this club.

If he is just on Tramadol right now, I would immediately add an NSAID such as Medacam (I used Meloxacam) and I would also fairly quickly up the Tramadol to three times a day rather than twice. Things to look for are panting, nose dripping, unable to settle. crying or worse, screaming.

There were several times in the six months that simply adjusting by increasing permanently, or giving my Jack an extra occasional dose of his Tramadol was sufficient. But then with Jack it was VERY clear when the time came that none of that would work anymore.

I was lucky enough to be able to come home for lunch but if you can keep him away from stairs it will ease your mind.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Oh, no. Not another one! I am so very, very sorry! Will be sending positive thoughts, hugs and many prayers to you and Anubis.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh no! Another one ... :cry1 I am so sorry.

I have no personal experience with osteosarcoma. I have a tripod, and he doesn't go upstairs, but I know some do. Losing a hind leg is easier on them than a front leg, so he has that on his side. Other than that, all I can do to help is send my sympathy and hugs. :bighug

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop