Interviewing A New Vet

She asked me if all 3 of mine were Greys, so I told her 2 Greys and 1 Staghound.

She asked what a Stag was and all I could do was laugh and tell her to get ready lol.gif

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

She asked me if all 3 of mine were Greys, so I told her 2 Greys and 1 Staghound.

She asked what a Stag was and all I could do was laugh and tell her to get ready lol.gif

Isn't THAT the truth! lol.gifeek.gif

I would also inquire of a new clinic/vet how they feel about working with other practitioners, if you use them. We rely heavily on our Homeopath, and actually use her quite a bit more than the vet, but sometimes they need to work together. Same goes for the chiropractor.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Keep in mind that cost isn't really something you can compare between clinics. Unless they've written up an itemized estimate you're trying to compare apples to oranges. One vet may be dirt cheap... but what are they not doing that the more expensive vet is? Usually it means they're skipping on something like monitoring during anesthesia, IV fluids, extensive pain management, etc. No way I'd take my dog to some bargain basement clinic for surgery - I love my dogs and I want to ensure they get the best care possible so I don't skimp on their care.

I really don't understand why it matters to you what school your vet went to. You may not be aware but there's only 28 schools in the country and it's intensely competitive to get into your state school. To get into an out of state school (who typically only accept like 10 people out of hundreds of out of state applicants) you practically have to be James Herriot himself. So basically by insisting they went to one school or another you just prefer that they lived in that state which really makes no sense. All vets are required to get Continuing Education credits every year which ensures they keep up with current research.

OK, you have me totally confused here, unless you're directing your post to someone other than me.

I didn't talk about cost, that's never an issue for me nor is it a priority. And what are you talking about as far as what school they went to?

I never mentioned that either, why would I care?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

happy you found someone you are comfortable with.

Chuckling a bit at the odd comment about schools. I guess my vet is a James Herriott, she did her vet training in the southern states. Worked with lots of greyhounds and said she really missed them when she started to practice locally. That's okay, I fixed that by telling all my greyhound friends where to take their greys. ;)

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest Energy11

I found that post VERY ODD, based on what the post was about in the first place! Maybe too much July 4th heat and fireworks? lol.gifeek.gif

I found that post VERY ODD, based on what the post was about in the first place! Maybe too much July 4th heat and fireworks? lol.gifeek.gif

Either that Dee or you and I are on the same drugs lol.gif

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Guest Energy11

Either that Dee or you and I are on the same drugs lol.gif

AND, they are good drugs at that! lol.gifwink.gif

Did you tell her to make sure anything of value on the walls or bookshelves needs to be removed before this particular Stag pays her a visit? ;)

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Did you tell her to make sure anything of value on the walls or bookshelves needs to be removed before this particular Stag pays her a visit? wink.gif

One of the first things I noticed is a bit of clutter in the waiting room and a cat and a bird in a cage which I guess live there.

All I could think of was Ekko in that waiting room lol.gif

They will throw us out for sure

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

I think speedoketo was responding to some of the posts other than the original one :) .

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.