Vaccinations?

Guest Energy11

NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!! Mine are all 8-10. They are NEVER, ever around other dogs... I just to the three year Rabies, and that is all I will do. There are FAR too may vaccination reactions in seniors greys.

No, They have the 3 year version of the shot or cocktail on different years. When they turn 10, no more shots. Our vet says if they have a good shot history they should have it built up in there system.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

My hound, Joe, is a 7 year old blood donor at Ohio State University. Dr. Couto suggests DHLPP every 3 years. Because I live in the country with several swampy/pond-like areas within my fence, he also does lepto every spring (i.e. yearly basis). Ohio law requires rabies every 3 years. We do not do Bordatella. Of course they require heartworm preventative and frontline plus every month (because there are a LOT of ticks where I live). They feel this is what they need to ensure that Joe is healthy and disease free so he is safe giving blood.

I follow a similar course for my two older (14 year old) half-whippets. However, I do not dose them every month with Frontline. They get 4 doses (mid-March, May 1, June 30, Sept 1) because the ticks are worse in the spring and my dogs don't spend that much time in the woods. I also go over them every day to make sure there are no ticks.

I have foster dog(s) in and out of here. That is one of the reasons I continue the vaccines and do regular fecal floats.

Jane