Posts Help So Much

Guest dmona

Guest dmona

All of your comments about my sweet baby have helped so much. Even though I don't know any of you personally, I feel you really care. You don't know how much these mean until you go through it. Every day I think of something else and add it to "my letter". I don't want to ever forget a thing about her. We picked up her pawprint from the vets yesterday and it is so sweet. They do this for free....it has her name on it. I so appreciated the email from BretsMom telling me she has Miz Kelsey's half sister. Thanks again to all of you.

I agree, others posting helps a great deal. It doesn't lessen the hurt obviously, but knowing that others care about our pups is a huge help.

I have lost quite a few, all but Misty before GT. The pups I lost before GT were loved by only me, and my vet. And the staff too of course.

When I lost Misty, many people here cared as much as I did, and I will never forget that. And I always hope that Misty knew it as well.

You're in my thoughts

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

It seems particularly helpful when family and 'other' friends dont' realize the depth of the loss. I just lost my heart and soul girl in Feb, then her sister in April. I received a card from my only sister for Pearl, and not any acknowledgement whatsoever that I lost another precious baby, Diamond. Having greyhound friends here on GT, and permanent friends discovered here on GT has kept me going.

I did the same thing when Slim crossed over. I wrote "soulmate memories" -everything I could think of about him and still do. It is rather long -wonderfully so-and I enjoy reading it from time to time. I also have something called "Signs" in which I record almost all of the signs he has sent me with the date. This past Monday he sent me a double rainbow! and I have it written down to be added to "Signs" shortly. He crossed over in 2006 but is with me still and hence "Signs" continues to grow. Just having the things wrote down about him is soooooo comforting. God Bless You and keep writing! IMO it is a very good thing.

I know exactly what you mean.

I don't know how I would have gotten through the last year without the support and love in the posts on GT. Losing three greys in five months - only another greyhound owner would understand - I know the rest of my family sure doesn't.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Guest dmona

I know exactly what you mean.

I don't know how I would have gotten through the last year without the support and love in the posts on GT. Losing three greys in five months - only another greyhound owner would understand - I know the rest of my family sure doesn't.

Deb, so sorry to hear of your losses - just can't imagine what you have gone through these last months. My heart aches for you and for all who have had to go through this. I hope your good memories take care of some of the hurt.