Hello

Hello GT’ers!

Finally introducing my girl Twiggy and myself. I’ve been lurking ~1.5 years, signed up a few weeks ago, and finally posting. I always find great info and discussion here, not to mention hilarious and cute photos. I originally came to GT via the Amber Alert while participating in a lost hound search. The Amber Alert is an amazing resource.

My girl Twiggy came to me 2.5 years ago, she is my first greyhound. I have 2 kitties, Donnie and Aiden, who have generously participated in training 15 foster greyhounds to live with kitties in their future lives (and endured more than a few chase incidents in the process). I’m amazed at how much those kitties love the hounds.

I’ll try to add a few pics below:

Twiggy’s Yearbook Picture:

Yard02.jpg

Twiggy enjoying the dog park (what passes for one in Chicago):

Park07.jpg

Twiggy chasing down the ball (one of her favorite pastimes):

Park03.jpg

Aiden and my current foster (the stinkin’ cute Tyra):

IMG_2896.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Wendy

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Welcome! Twiggy is lovely :wub: and your foster is very cute too!

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Welcome! Twiggy is beautiful! And thank you for fostering! Hope to hear more & see more pictures soon. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Hi and Welcome from Arizona! Twiggy is a beauty! I think it's awesome that you foster to help Greys get used to cats! We need more fosters like that since it seems like most people have cats along with dogs!

Wow, thanks everyone for your nice welcomes, it’s great to be here!

Yes, Twiggy is a girl who knows how to have fun, she’s my little nut case. (I mean that in the best way possible).

Thanks for the siggy compliment, PhillyPups! These were from our Radar Run last year – I can see the sheer joy in her face. It’s like she’s yelling “YEEAAAAA!!!”. I should add that I am not responsible for the photos, just the editing of them.

I love fostering, I would be very sad if I couldn’t do it any more. The different “dogsonalities” are amazing, and I learn from each one of them. Twiggy learns from them as much as she is a role model for them. That’s how she learned to give kissies, and to be more cuddly. Now, if only Tyra would teach her to sit – I sure haven’t been able to do it!

Thanks again for all the replies!

Wendy with Twiggy, fosterless while Twiggy's fighting the good fight, and Donnie & Aiden the kitties

Guest Mommy2Junebug

"Twiggy" - what a great name for a greyhound!

Are you in the Chicago area? Maybe we can setup a playdate sometime :)

"Twiggy" - what a great name for a greyhound!

Are you in the Chicago area? Maybe we can setup a playdate sometime :)

I am in Chicago, and a playdate sounds like fun. Twiggy loves meeting other greys.

Twiggy became Twiggy when I decided there was nothing I could do to salvage Js Fully Exotic as a pet name. Everytime I mentioned my new dog’s name, every man within earshot stopped what he was doing (even phone calls) and looked to see what I was going to say next lol. In retrospect, “Twiggy” was probably a rather silly newbie choice, but I really do think it suits her well; both in physique and personality. And how funny is it that my current foster is Tyra (raced as Flying Tyra). So now I have the supermodels.