Please Pray For Patrick

Guest TLH0739

Guest TLH0739

Please Pray for my wonderful greyhound Patrick. He had 3 very mushy diarrhea stools yesterday. I had to work last night so my Dad took Patrick to his house. I talked to my Dad at 11:30 pm and he told me Patrick vomited. He took the water away and gave him cottage cheese a little later. He ate two bites. This morning around 6 am he was vomiting and had more diarrhea. When I got home he was lethargic and gums pale, his nose dry and drooling at the mouth. He looked sick. I called my vet office and took him right in. They did xrays on his chest and abd and blood work.The only thing abnormal is his hct 64. They are keeping him given him IV fluids, nausea med, antibiotics, $1200- $1800 estimate for one night at the vets. An ICU bed at work is $1600.

Two months ago he had a dental and my vet called me that afternoon and told me Patrick was give a lot of sedation but he was so upset, shaking and had his BP over 200. the vet to me to take him home and watch carefully cause him mouth was still bleeding cause of his BP and anxiety. Once I got him home he was fine. This time he did not tremor but laid on the floor wanting for the vet to see him.

Just please pray for him. He is the greatest dog in the world. I just want him to get better.

Thank you

Tlh0739

Guest TLH0739

Please Pray for my wonderful greyhound Patrick. He had 3 very mushy diarrhea stools yesterday. I had to work last night so my Dad took Patrick to his house. I talked to my Dad at 11:30 pm and he told me Patrick vomited. He took the water away and gave him cottage cheese a little later. He ate two bites. This morning around 6 am he was vomiting and had more diarrhea. When I got home he was lethargic and gums pale, his nose dry and drooling at the mouth. He looked sick. I called my vet office and took him right in. They did xrays on his chest and abd and blood work.The only thing abnormal is his hct 64. They are keeping him given him IV fluids, nausea med, antibiotics, $1200- $1800 estimate for one night at the vets. An ICU bed at work is $1600.

Two months ago he had a dental and my vet called me that afternoon and told me Patrick was give a lot of sedation but he was so upset, shaking and had his BP over 200. the vet to me to take him home and watch carefully cause him mouth was still bleeding cause of his BP and anxiety. Once I got him home he was fine. This time he did not tremor but laid on the floor wanting for the vet to see him.

Just please pray for him. He is the greatest dog in the world. I just want him to get better.

Thank you

Tlh0739

Guest Energy11

You can count on prayers from here, for sure!

Good move getting him to the vet when you did.

Hopefully, they can get him regulated taken "fixed up," soon!

Love and hugs from my sick boy, Staggerlee and me!

Sounds like he's pretty dehydrated. Hopefully once they rehydrate him and give him something for his stomach, he'll be feeling a lot better.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Ditto re dehydrated -- that's what would cause the high-ish HCT (altho 64 isn't really high for a greyhound). Hope a day of fluids and some meds will have him feeling much better.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bigbrindlebunny

You've got a duplicate thread going, so you have double the prayer power coming at your Patrick! Be sure to check out the good wishes posted there before asking the moderators to close it down.

I'll put a note in the other thread asking folks to post here.

Guest bigbrindlebunny

This is a duplicate thread. Please post your good wishes and thoughts for Patrick in the other one.