Melatonin Side Effects

Those of you who have been giving your hounds melatonin for hair growth...have you noticed any unwanted side effects? Changes is behavior, personality, energy levels, etc.? Please share your observations.

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest TeddysMom

The only thing that I have noticed in Spice is that she seems to be less nervous. I can't say if it has anything to do with the Melatonin or if she is just becomming more comfortable and adjusted to her home. No other side effects that I have seen, just nice soft hair on all of her bald spots.

Those of you who have been giving your hounds melatonin for hair growth...have you noticed any unwanted side effects? Changes is behavior, personality, energy levels, etc.? Please share your observations.

No behavioral, personality or energy level changes at all. Just lovely fur with the benefit of seeming to take the edge off Carl's SA.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

O.K. Thanks for the feedback. My worry is that the melatonin will have a sedative effect and I like my girl's energy level just as it is.

My only purpose, if I decide to use it, would be to improve her coat.

Edited by LaFlaca

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

O.K. Thanks for the feedback. My worry is that the melatonin will have a sedative effect and I like my girl's energy level just as it is.

My friend shared the same concern, she has been using it on her bouncy boy and has seen no change in him at all except that he is sprouting hairs where there was no hair before.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Nope none.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest Bang_o_rama

Bang's eyes began to glow bright green in absolute darkness and she was barking something that sounded like "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" Other than that, nothing untoward.

~D~

Guest DylanGospel

Bang's eyes began to glow bright green in absolute darkness and she was barking something that sounded like "Ph-nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!" Other than that, nothing untoward.

~D~

1272499419.gif

~D~

That's comforting! :lol

My friend shared the same concern, she has been using it on her bouncy boy and has seen no change in him at all except that he is sprouting hairs where there was no hair before.

That's it exactly...I don't want to sedate that "bounce" factor! Thank you!

We just started Molly on it this weekend to help grow in some of her bald spots. We noticed that she seemed a little sleepier than usual. So we just switched to giving it to her at night instead. I'm thinking that once her body adjusts, the side affect will lessen.

Btw, our Molly (Blue Sky Dreamin) shares a daddy with your grey - Kiowa Sweet Trey. Not surprising since he sired something like 10,000 pups *lol* :)

Jennifer, Mike and the menagerie ---

Molly (Blue Sky Dreamin), Tinker (BT My Lil Girl) and their feline brothers Miles and Lewis

Visit Molly's Photo Album

Guest ishapespace

I just posted on our blog about our experiences with Dax on melatonin, with some before and after pictures. It's gone very well!

Guest mcsheltie

No sides effects. I have tried it on non-Greys that I have shown, hoping it would sedate them a bit... no such luck!