Baytril

Guest Energy11

No, I, personally, haven't heard of excessive water consumption with an animal being on Baytril, but, just like with humans, dogs, can react differently to all types of medications. If this is still happening by Monday morning, I'd give your vet a call. Good Luck, and hoping for a swift healing!

Edited by Energy11

George took Baytril for 14 weeks and it didn't make him drink more. I would imagine that it's possible whatever the vet gave him the Baytril for might be causing his thirst?

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

If Pepcid isn't helping, might ask to change the Baytril for a different antibiotic. Any of them can cause tummy upset and some dogs will get a long with one but not another.

It isn't *terribly* likely to be the Previcox if it's been several days since you gave it to him, altho it is possible. At the same time, Baytril, Cipro, Zeniquin all belong to a class of antibiotics that can be hard on the kidneys and that can cause stomach upset. A reasonable choice from a different antibiotic class might be Clavamox. There are others; that's just an example.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.