Sasha...mil's Cat

rascalsmom

Just found out that my in-laws had their 15 year old cat put down this morning. She had been losing weight, her coat looked really bad, drinking a ton of water, etc....just not feeling real great. She was originally SIL's cat, but when they moved to SC a few years ago, the cat apparently didn't get a relocation package; she was 'left' with my in-laws. :angryfire I guess it worked out for the best, from the cat's point of view. She was never a sociable cat, and didn't like SIL's two hellions kids AT ALL. She did, however, love my MIL. My in-laws aren't in a position to put a lot of money into testing, to see what was wrong with Sasha--although MIL and I suspected perhaps diabetes, or maybe kidney failure--and they recently found out she'd been urinating outside the box....so they said goodbye to her today.

Godspeed, Sasha. You were never a very friendly girl, but thankfully your last few years were very happy.

Please keep MIL in your prayers, this was very difficult for her. :(

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest jettcricket

Just found out that my in-laws had their 15 year old cat put down this morning. She had been losing weight, her coat looked really bad, drinking a ton of water, etc....just not feeling real great. She was originally SIL's cat, but when they moved to SC a few years ago, the cat apparently didn't get a relocation package; she was 'left' with my in-laws. angryfire.gif I guess it worked out for the best, from the cat's point of view. She was never a sociable cat, and didn't like SIL's two hellions kids AT ALL. She did, however, love my MIL. My in-laws aren't in a position to put a lot of money into testing, to see what was wrong with Sasha--although MIL and I suspected perhaps diabetes, or maybe kidney failure--and they recently found out she'd been urinating outside the box....so they said goodbye to her today.

Godspeed, Sasha. You were never a very friendly girl, but thankfully your last few years were very happy.

Please keep MIL in your prayers, this was very difficult for her. sad.gif

Poor little kitty....she was probably having kidney issues as well as being hypothyroid. Very common in older cats....RIP little girl. I know that my kitties were there to great her at the Bridge. flowers_red.gif

Hugs to your MIL...it's never easy.

I'm so sorry.

Run away over the bridge, little one. You'll find playmates there, and soft spots to sleep, and everything a kitty could desire, right at your paw-tips.

Edited by Batmom

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

I just sent my girl Dexter (kitty) over the bridge as she had renal failure and the symptoms sound similar. Godspeed little one, say hi to Dexter when you get there.

grouphug.gif for your inlaws. Godspeed Sasha!flowers_yellow.gif

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis