New Greyhound Owner

Guest popeyesmom

Guest popeyesmom

Hi...Our family just adopted our first greyhound last weekend. He is a handsome boy named Popeye. We are so excited to have as part of our family. He joined a family that consists of 2 two-legged girls ages 3 and 6 years old. He also joined a lab that is 2 years old, a lab mix that is 14 1/2 years old, a Dachshund that is 13 1/2 years, and two 10 year old cats. He has done great with all the others in the house. He is such a lovable guy who loves to follow you around the house. I can already see why so many people end up with more than one greyhound. I was recommended this site by the person who helped us adopt Popeye and I'm already addicted to it. This site is fabulous.

Guest Greytluv

:wave Welcome.

Sounds like you have a house full of furkids.

We'd love to see a picture of Popeye and all the rest.

It's pretty much the :rules around here :lol

Guest boondog

Welcome from Ohio! I'm orginally from the Danville, IL area so I'm familiar with Charleston. I've been to Eastern several times and know many people who went there. Congratulations on adopting Popeye!

Guest Drumhellergrey

Sounds like quite the clan. Greyhounds are such social animals, to both humans and other animals.

Welcome from Alberta Canada. :wubsite:welcome2

Welcome from Mahomet, IL.

We are owned by Rocket, who was adopted from GPA Indy. If this is Popeye who was with GPA Indy, he is a handsome dude. Let us know if he needs a pal to have a playdate with.

We need camera.gif .

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

Welcome! We've been drooling over Popeye since he came on the list, so glad to know where he is. Hopefully we'll meet at an Indy event (the September picnic was a lot of fun). And let us know if you come up to the Champaign area. There will be greyhounds at the Farmer's Market here the third Saturday of each month. I'd be glad to connect you to the group if you are interested.

Hello and welcome! Congratulations on your new boy! Looking forward to pictures!

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest popeyesmom

Welcome from Mahomet, IL.

We are owned by Rocket, who was adopted from GPA Indy. If this is Popeye who was with GPA Indy, he is a handsome dude. Let us know if he needs a pal to have a playdate with.

It is Popeye from GPA Indy. We had a great experience with them. We absolutely love having Popeye. When did you get Rocket from them?

We need camera.gif .

Guest popeyesmom

Welcome! We've been drooling over Popeye since he came on the list, so glad to know where he is. Hopefully we'll meet at an Indy event (the September picnic was a lot of fun). And let us know if you come up to the Champaign area. There will be greyhounds at the Farmer's Market here the third Saturday of each month. I'd be glad to connect you to the group if you are interested.

We are hoping to make it to the picnic. I actually work in Champaign so I'm up that way a lot. I would love to get to know you all.

Guest MyBoys

Hi and :welcome2 from NJ, do you have any pictures to post of your new boy, seems like everyone on this site LOVES pictures.