Need Help With Dosage Problem

Guest sorenkkg

Guest sorenkkg

Hi,

Aleeya is getting Doxy 2x a day, and Deramaxx (a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory) 1x a day.

Let's not get into how the pills are TOTALLY different, the bottles are different, and everything has a lable on it.

Point is-- we give her the Deramaxx 1x a day at 8 PM, and he accidentally gave it to her today at 8 AM blink.gif

I didn't find out till 9am.

I don't think this is a huge deal, but I wanted to check. My plan is to switch the schedule now to be 8am going forward, so for today/tomorrow, she'll be back on the 1x per 24hrs.

But from yesterday to today, there was only 12hrs between dosages. Should I be concerned?

Thanks!

huh.gif Soren

She'll be fine. :)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest sorenkkg

She'll be fine. smile.gif

Phew... I thought so, but freaked out a bit at DH before I had really fully woken up... I just checked their site, but no good info there.

Thanks!!!!! blush.gif

Some advice from the wife of a husband who can't function in the morning--don't count on him remembering, despite the visual difference, if possible put them in different places.

Edited by PatricksMom

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

She will be fine, just start giving it to her on the new schedule of 1x a day at 8 am.

This is what I do for my DH, buy a pill container. I use the ones that are 7 days with the am and pm. Then I load it up with the right pills, it really helps prevent giving the wrong pill at the wrong time.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

This is what I do for my DH, buy a pill container. I use the ones that are 7 days with the am and pm. Then I load it up with the right pills, it really helps prevent giving the wrong pill at the wrong time.

I'd add, get a blue and yellow one--I wasn't smart enough not to mix up the pink and green ones.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest sorenkkg

it seems as if the y gene has problem following directions if it's not mechanical. i go thru the same thing, i write up instructions and he still does what he wants. looks like we are all in the same boat.

:lol:

I have a spreadsheet on the fridge, with a pen next to it-- you give the medicine, you cross it off. He knew she only got one type of pill when she gets the gel, and he just picked the wrong one. Sigh.

On the other hand, he opens pickle jars. So, you know, I've forgiven him rolleyes.gif

Guest BooBooMama

Perhaps an antacid might be a good thing to give your pup today. Deramaxx can cause a little tummy irritation. Something like Prevacid, Zantac or Pepcid AC.

Guest sorenkkg

She was fine yesterday, though she did gack a little just at the very end of the day, going to bed. didn't actually puke though.

I gave a Pepcid this morning, and I'll pick some more up and start giving them regularly.

Her eyes aren't a bit bloodshot yesterday or today, still a bit hazy, but it's getting better I think.