Spencer's Dental

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Spencer had a dental on Friday. Poor Spencer. He was absolutely terrified when I dropped him off at the vet's office yesterday morning. He was doing full body shakes and shivers. I got a call around 11:30 saying that he was doing fine and coming out of the anethesia. He didn't need any teeth pulled which was great! I picked him up at 4pm and he seemed just fine. He was very thirsty so I let him drink as much as he wanted and decided to risk him throwing it up (which he didn't). But as the evening progressed he got more and more restless and was panting very heavily. I know he was in pain but I don't know from what exactly. He wouldn't lie down and he would cry every once in a while. So I slept maybe 2 hours at a time all through the night, getting up to check on him and letting him outside. He's doing much better this morning. Ate his breakfast, has been wandering around a bit but no panting and finally he's crashed here beside me in the office. His front leg where he had the IV is swollen so I know that leg is bothering him. I have asked the vet's office over and over to not give him an IV in his front leg because this same thing has happened before! Anyway, I'm so glad he's better today! It seems that each year it gets harder on him to have dentals. He's 9 y/o.

Glad to hear he's doing better. Please give him a big hug from us.

The techs at my vet's office are famous for shaving their leg raw before they need to go under. I have asked and asked that they not do it.

Finally I insisted that on their records they note in big red letters not to do that

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Big hugs to Mr. Spencer. And glad he's feeling better.

But seriously - why can't our vets understand that we often know what we're talking about!!!!!

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g240/mtbucket/siggies/Everyday-2.jpgJane - forever servant to the whims and wishes of Maggie (L's Magnolia of JCKC) and Sam the mutt pup.[/b]

She's classy, sassy and a bit smart assy.

So glad he's feeling better today. Dentals are so nerve wracking! Feel better and better, Spencer! :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown