Can't Stop Thinking Of Bridge Kid

Guest mygracefulpooch

Guest mygracefulpooch

I don't know what has gotten into me but I can't seem to stop thinking of Grace, my bridge kid. She was my heart dog and lately, she has been on my mind.

Strange or just still missing her?

I don't know how long ago you lost her, but you'll always miss her and think of her. Maybe she's trying to tell you something...are you about to make some kind of big decision? Maybe she just thinks you need a little extra company right now, so she keeps popping into your mind....she's just trying to be there for you :blush

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

It has been a little over five months since we lost April, and I really still miss her. Each time I pass the redwood box containing her cremains, I touch it tenderly, like the way you touch their head when they sleep. There are more pictures of April on my desk that of my sons. Somedays I still cry, especially when I get the rare chance to take a nap, because we used to do that together, I would love to share a nap just one more time.

So, I think it is perfectly normal to have times when you just really miss your pup, and coping is hard. It is still a loss and some losses take a long time until you feel better.

It'll be two years this August since I lost Joe, and we all still miss him. We'll always miss him. He was a part of the family. I remember when my cat died many years ago, I got a card from my sister that said, "What is loved remains in the heart." I think that is so true. You'll never forget her, and you'll never stop missing her, just as you will never lose your love for her.

HUGS to you!

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

I know how you are feeling too. It's almost three months since Del went to the Bridge. In one way, it feels like a lifetime ago and in another way, it feels like it was only yesterday. I think about him a lot and most times, I can think of him and smile or even laugh out loud when I remember some of his antics, but other times, it still makes me cry.

Hugs.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!