More Good H&m News

Ace was diagnosed with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia a couple of months ago. She is on prednisone twice a day and takes Leukeran (chemo drug) every other week. So far she has had two chemo treatments and has been tolerating the prednisone very well.

She is SO much more energetic than she was before we started her drug therapy. She wants to play all the time, has energy for walks, and eats her food like a good girl (with the pred I'm not surprised about that though).

The biggest difference for me is her willingness to get off of the couch and do her "take a bow" trick for me for a cookie before I leave the house every day. Before we started her treatment, she could be found in one of two places: her spot on the couch, or her spot on the bed. She would only go back and forth from there, and go outside to go potty and stand at her bowl to eat (usually anyway). I had to bring her thyroid meds TO her rather than have her be standing in the kitchen with me while I got them ready. Now she waits at the door to the kitchen for her pill pockets and is so pleased to take a bow for me for her cookie :wub:

I know this may not seem like much to those of you that don't know her, but for me it makes a world of difference...it's like I have my little puppy back again :wub:

She hasn't had a checkup yet, we will do that in a couple of weeks. She seems to be feeling so good, I can only hope that her bloodwork will show that she's DOING good as well :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

:yay Incredible!

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest FullMetalFrank

That is really good news, and I can understand how you must be over the moon! Good girl, Ace; I hope she continues to do well.