Poor Whisper...

Guest zombrie

Guest zombrie

Whisper is our new foster (aka Ragtime Frances) and she broke her leg in her last race.

She is so sore and irritated :( Her leg looks much better since her surgery on Tuesday (she was spayed at the same time, too...ouch :(). She doesn't have a wrap on because she got pressure sores due to the wrap she came in with, it was too tight. The vet is a little concerned about the bruising on her thigh and stomach. She also has Giardiasis, so her tummy isn't feeling well either. Poor baby!!

IMG_1280.jpg

IMG_1278.jpg

Guest Energy11

Poor Whisper! And, those E-collars... Gesh!

I hate that she has to go through this, but I am GLAD she is there, resting well, and being taken care of by you! :-))

Sending lots of love and healing thoughts to this poor baby girl! Dee and The Five

Poor girlie. Petsmart recently had soft e-collars, would one of those be appropriate for Whisper's situation? It sure would help her front end feel better.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Poor Whisper. I hurts my stomach to look at the leg. I hope she will feel better soon.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest zombrie

Poor girlie. Petsmart recently had soft e-collars, would one of those be appropriate for Whisper's situation? It sure would help her front end feel better.

Oh thank you, I'll probably go check that out. Throughout the day we take turns sitting with her to take the e-collar off so she can rest without it on. But she's in so much pain she's constantly going at it, even with a muzzle. So, I'll definitely check out the soft e- collar. Thanks!

Oh thank you, I'll probably go check that out. Throughout the day we take turns sitting with her to take the e-collar off so she can rest without it on. But she's in so much pain she's constantly going at it, even with a muzzle. So, I'll definitely check out the soft e- collar. Thanks!

I hope it works for her! Let us know. Whisper wub.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest Adrianne

Oh, poor Whisper! That looks so painful, and to be spayed at the same time.....goodness!!! I'll keep that sweet girl in my thoughts and prayers. I'm so glad she's in such good hands with you.

Guest GrayceNDanger

Poor whisper I hope she feels better! You should look into Comfy Cones :) If you are fostering I am pretty sure they will donate a Comfy Cone to you. She sent a bunch to our weim rescue when she heard about a puppy we had that had surgery on both of his legs-we didnt even have to request the donation..she contacted us.

Heres the website- On their website it does say they will donate a set of Comfy Cones to any rescue that needs them..so I would just send a request..maybe with a few pictures

http://www.allfourpaws.com/

Feel better Whisper!!

Guest VaGreymom

Prayers for sweet little Whisper for fast healing. kiss1.gif Gave her some loving from us here in Spotsylvania, Va. Whisper is very lucky to have you taking such good care of her. Please keep us posted on her progress.

Poor girl, she's been through the mill. I bet she heals up quicker than you think! Her sore on her foot will be fine in a few days and the bruising should go away pretty soon, thankfully she's young and should be healthy. Great incision on her leg! Did she come with the bruising or did it happen during surgery?