Ez Had Another Seizure

At 1 pm EZ had another seizure lasted about 45 seconds but took a couple of minutes to come around. He is very vocal and had to make at least 3 trips outside . He had been sleeping for awhile and was in a deep sleep. I have a call in to his neurologist and am waiting to hear what he wants me to do.

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Guest Energy11

I am really sorry to hear about this. Curfew has one of his "episodes," about ten days ago. His was more stroke-like.

I hope he is okay. Seizures are always very very scary. If you don't already have some, you might want to ask your vet for liquid Valium. It can be pre-draw up, 10 mg, in a syringe, and you can administer it rectally (needle off), during a seizure. I DID use this on Curfew/per my vet, when he has his "episode," and it really helped.

Sending love and prayers to you and EZ! Dee and The Five

Vet just called no change in medication at this point. He is due for his phenobarbital level in March and his KBr in May. I do have some rectal valium but not liquid. Will have to ask about the liquid valium am to contact him if he has another seizure. Last one was November 2.

Guest Energy11

Vet just called no change in medication at this point. He is due for his phenobarbital level in March and his KBr in May. I do have some rectal valium but not liquid. Will have to ask about the liquid valium am to contact him if he has another seizure. Last one was November 2.

Basically, the liquid works the same as the rectal ... it get into the body very fast, so you are covered, if EZ has a prolonged seizure.

I have been reading about the epi dogs on the epi board and I am lucky that EZ does not seize the way theirs do even though they are very scarey. He did take longer than usual to come out of this one but the vet is not worried right now....

Have not been on as EZ had another seizure Monday night and fell out of bed again and over to my computer. During the seizure he pulled some wire and knockled me off line. Just had a tech come in and fix the damage His neuro vet told me to give him his 7 pm dose of pheno and then at 10 pm another 2 grains of pheno. So far so good.

Sorry I have not been posting but I have problems logging on to GT but I just found out that Trudy fixed it. Now I wonder if she can fix the weather here.

EZ right now is doing okay and I have been making him get off my bed especially at night and if I am on the computer will not let him go into a deep sleep. It seems as if he is in a deep sleep he will seizure. Last night I lost power and was very aprehensive I was worried that he might seize and I would not be able to see him

His neuro vet only had me give him that extra dose of phenobarbital for that one time.

Keeping EZ in my prayers always.......

Thank you The snow here is up to his and the rest of the pup's belly and he is having a blast in this snow. It is still coming and I understand that other places have much more than what I have. My satelite tv is out, my son called they do not have power, and my daughter who lives across the river does not have power or telephone called me on her cell. Wet heavy snow bringing trees down.

Me I am in for the duration, have milk, bread, vegetables, meat and TOILET PAPER : :lol

Edited by 6greyhounds

Keeping EZ in my prayers always.......

Thank you The snow here is up to his and the rest of the pup's belly and he is having a blast in this snow. It is still coming and I understand that other places have much more than what I have. My satelite tv is out, my son called they do not have power, and my daughter who lives across the river does not have power or telephone called me on her cell. Wet heavy snow bringing trees down.

Me I am in for the duration, have milk, bread, vegetables, meat and TOILET PAPER : :lol

Stay safe Beryl! And NO seizures for EZ

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest LindsaySF

Sorry to hear about this. I hope he is feeling okay now.

It can be pre-draw up, 10 mg, in a syringe, and you can administer it rectally (needle off), during a seizure.

Sophie's neurologist recommended leaving the liquid valium in the glass vials, not pre-drawing it up into a syringe (unless the syringe is glass). Supposedly the valium degrades much faster in plastic.

It seems as if he is in a deep sleep he will seizure.

That's when Sophie tends to have her seizures too. People on the EPIL-K9 list say that melatonin supplementation is supposed to help with the night-time seizures. Have you tried melatonin?

~Lindsay~

It seems as if he is in a deep sleep he will seizure.

That's when Sophie tends to have her seizures too. People on the EPIL-K9 list say that melatonin supplementation is supposed to help with the night-time seizures. Have you tried melatonin?

~Lindsay~

no I have not tried melatonin - he was just put on KBr and I do not want to add too many meds at one time. His phenobarbital level is next month and his KBr is in May.