Indestructible Stuffies

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Bella loves a squeaky toy - but only the ones that are stuffed, please.

Trouble is, we have had her for a week and she's been through two already. :blink:

So. Are there any stuffed toys (must squeak) that are indestructible?

Thank you in advance.

xo

Guest Greyt_dog_lover

Kong makes a football and a few other various types of balls that make noise. I have a stuffy killer/eater as a foster. He actually did destroy both the football and tennis ball, but it took a week.

One of our dogs is a very strong chewer and we got these supposedly indestructible stuffies at Orvis:Link Don't try these if your pup is an avid chewer. Pepper destroyed them in short order. I don't know if truly indestructible stuffed squeaky toys exist.

smokes.jpgcollect2.jpg

Pepper the lurcher, Smokey the longdog and Collect (Call Collect) the grey

Della Dee and AMF Achilles waiting at the bridge

Go! Dog makes "indestructible" stuffies. Reviews point out that they are not as indestructible as they advertise, BUT the company guarantees the stuffies and is apparently willing to replace disemboweled ones. Plus, the dragons are CUUUUTE. Aston has one and LOVES it, though he isn't much of a disemboweler, just a mindless cookie-monster-like up-and-down chewer.

http://www.godogfun.com/products_chewguard

(I ordered my dragon through Amazon)

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Thank you for the suggestions, everyone.

We have the Kong Fetch Stick - it squeaks, but isn't fluffy so Bella will have nothing to do with it.

I'll check out the others and see what we can find. She loved her fluffy squeaky bone so much, but when the squeaker stopped squeaking (because she squeaked the daylights out of that thing), she took it apart. Probably just so she could see what was wrong with the squeaker, right? :huh

Thank you again!

xo

Guest krystolla

I've had good luck with Tuffie Toys. It's not an issue with my boy who has a delicate mouth, but my mom's oral-fixation golden retrievers and my mother-in-law's german shepherd mix puppy have given them a good work out. Six months of teething german shepherd has not removed any bits of "Bevo the Bull". :2c

Every toy is destructible given enough time and motivation!

We've had good luck with Kong brand toys, and surprisingly, toys made of heavy fleece. Teeth don't seem to penetrate the fabric as much. Also look at the Jolly Balls at PetSmart. Basically, avoid toys with things that stick out - like arms and legs - that can be chewed off. Also, if you're crafty-minded - you can buy replacement squeakers and restuff and resew them up. And mine love playing with just the empty "carcass." Weird, I know.

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

I highly recommend Kong Friends Link They are fuzzy like a regular toy and have the kong rubber on the inside. Unbelievably the toys are still nicely squeaky and have been in my house for two full months now. This is the only toy that has ever survived in tact. The good dog toy was silenced within minutes and destuffed in short order afterwards. I need to ask for my money back. Good to know I can get that.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest BlueCrab

I was going to mention what Sydney said about the "Go Dog!" dragon. But I will tell you they aren't completely indestructible! They're tougher than most but Leyland our non-gry managed to tear one dragon to bits pretty quickly. We have two now, and the newest has 'survived' so far. They do seem to be the toughest we've found so far. The company does say they will replace, but you need to keep ahold of the receipt, which I just can't seem to do. Oh well.

We've tried the Kong toys that are supposed to be indestructible, and they definitely did not stand up to our trials at all! We had an octopus that quickly lost all his 'toes', which made de-stuffing very easy - and messy! .

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Thank you (again) for all of the wonderful suggestions.

I'm bookmarking all of them and will choose a couple to try.

I realize none will be totally indestructible, of course :rolleyes:

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Update on this.....

I ordered two new toys for her - she was completely disinterested in the Kong. And this poor rabbit didn't survive the day.

It's too bad, too. Bella totally loves the stuffed animals. She carries them around with her, happily squeaking, and then she starts to investigate the seams and that's that.

Guest AGirlNamedMe

Update on this.....

I ordered two new toys for her - she was completely disinterested in the Kong. And this poor rabbit didn't survive the day.

It's too bad, too. Bella totally loves the stuffed animals. She carries them around with her, happily squeaking, and then she starts to investigate the seams and that's that.

Bummer she wasn't interested in the kong toy, which one did you get? Mine won't touch a toy unless it is plush .period. the end. do not even try putting a plain rubber toy in his sight.

I do not even buy new toys unless I feel like throwing away money, which I do sometimes.

WAIT A SEC!!! I just remembered the one other toy we still have and is still squeaking away and I have yet to need to repair it.

mother bunnies I have one bunny and two tribbles. The tribbles tend to be more popular but I think the plush bunny I chose was almost too furry.

Colleen with Covey (Admirals Cove) and Rally (greyhound puppy)
Missing my beloved boy INU (CJ Whistlindixie) my sweetest princess SALEM (CJ Little Dixie) and my baby girl ZOE (LR's Tara)

Guest jeffexpress

My dog also only likes soft plush toys. However, I was able to 'revive' a rubber squeaky bear by putting it in an old sock and tying off the opening it. Now he goes for it with the same vigor as his favorite stuffed toys.