Pearl Update

I visited with Pearl this morning (Sorry I don't have the ability to update the topic).

She was more vocal today, anxious. But when I got her up on the couch, she settled better into her comfortable snuggle position with me. (head on lap). Her PCV (HCT) dropped more than they expected. She's not bleeding internally but may have bleeding intestinally (ulcer). So I didn't get to bring her to Jane's today. If her PCV's are stable tomorrow, she'll spend tomorrow night here and I go back Monday morning for another draw. Then they will decide if she can make the NJ journey. ANd we're both in agreement, it's got to be 100% positive because there is nothing I can do if something happens 5 hrs into the ride. I'll be too far from anyone to do anything. She'll stay with Jane then while I go home for the week and I'll come back next weekend for Pearl.

I'll know Wednesday what type of cancer it is. Dr. Couto is arriving back from his lecture at midnight tuesday night and he'll look at the report then. I'll hear from him during the day. (He told me he sleeps about 5 hrs a night!)

I know I said I'm hoping for a more aggressive cancer, but at the same time, it's scaring the crap out of me. What if it's aggressive but is the 20% that doesn't respond to chemo? I've already been on the losing end of every choice given so far. Then I don't think her time will be measured in months. :(

She's still not eating, but truthfully, I didn't expect her to. She doesn't even take dried liver treats from my vets until we are in the car on the way home. THEN she's calmed down enough to take it. But I brought ground beef and told them to try hot dogs if they have them.

I'll continue to update this thread for a while. Sorry I can't let anyone know when I do.

Mary Pat

PS. Thank you all so very much for the prayers. It really does help in during the stressful times.

Continued good thoughts coming your way...pretty Pearl, hope you start feeling better soon.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross