Elevated Liver Enzymes + Lack Of Appetite

Guest alyssap99

Horrible news. Is this still the case though?

I should add that she's not acting *sick* per se; for instance, we went on a rigorous two mile walk yesterday and she was fine, and actually running for some of the time. I don't think she's in any pain which is good. Any advice or questions would be welcome! Having an older dog is so hard!

Perhaps she's not quite ready to go yet. Good luck with whatever you decide though :grouphug

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

Guest alyssap99

Horrible news. Is this still the case though?

I should add that she's not acting *sick* per se; for instance, we went on a rigorous two mile walk yesterday and she was fine, and actually running for some of the time. I don't think she's in any pain which is good. Any advice or questions would be welcome! Having an older dog is so hard!

Perhaps she's not quite ready to go yet. Good luck with whatever you decide though :grouphug

She's definitely declined since that post. She just seems like she's not enjoying life...I could bring her home but she could start bleeding internally at any point and then she'd be in really bad shape. I feel good about letting her go with her dignity intact. But I've never been through this before and am so scared.

Guest Energy11

So sorry it had to turn out this way! A good friend went through the very same thing, last spring, with his seven year old boy.

Sending you lots of love, hugs and prayers!

But I've never been through this before and am so scared.

Many of us have been where you are now. Try the best you can to be brave for her.

We're here to lean on and for anything else you need. Use us as a resource, it'll help

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so very sorry you and your sweet girl have to go through this. She will be at peace and pain free with her dignity intacked. My thoughts and prayers are with you tonight.

It's always better to be a tad to soon than a tad too late - especially with what could be a time bomb in there. Many hugs.

Maureen, Sean, Molly (Garnett Madonna) and Sully (Starz Top Style)

gallery_1382_2909_6961.jpg

Visit LongDog Leather Works for adjustable leather martingales, wrap around leather tag bags, breakaway tag necklaces and cool leather people gear. Check out our Etsy store!

If it's not bone cancer, it's splenic! God I hate this disease.

I'm so sorry about your news. If the liver is shot, then it's metasticized. I had a little chance that maybe Pearl's was not cancer. Even though that turned out not to be the case.

I will be in your shoes in a few months from now.

Guest alyssap99

She's gone.

She had the most peaceful passing I can imagine, and the vet and staff were wonderful. I am so happy I was able to let her go before she was unable to walk or get around. RIP, Greta.

I'm glad that the people who were there were a comfort to you.

God speed to you little girl, knowing how much you mom loves you

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so sorry. Sending gentle hugs.

Godspeed, precious pup.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.