Bang Gets Fierce!

Guest Bang_o_rama

Guest Bang_o_rama

Dave sez:

Interesting.

Bang's crate is in the guest room here; she slept in it last night, open, with us in the room. Very easy. She really loves her crate/house.

She also gets along well with the resident dog, Trinket, a female Black Lab.

Anyway, this AM, Bang was on the floor near her crate, with my SIL petting her, when Trinket decided to investigate Bang's crate. This did NOT sit well with Bang, who immediately snarled and went for Trinket. Trinket, being a NJ Italian dog, immediately responded with her version of "Oh, you wanna piece-a ME?" Luckily Lisa was between them and grabbed their collars and pulled them apart.

Results:

No apparent harm done to either dog. No blood or fur flying.

Bang never made any sort of aggressive move at all toward Lisa, which is very gratifying. She immediately deferred to human authority. Good doggie!

Bang, having been "uh-uh"ed by me several time, spent 10 minutes with her head on my knee soliciting the ear-rubbies of forgiveness.

Trinket now avoids the crate; makes a circle around it. She is no dummy either. But Bang avoids the bed where Trinket hangs out, if Trinket is there first.

Trinket and Bang are friends again, hanging out etc. I guess they have set some ground rules that they can live with.

Some hounds can be crate aggressive, I happen to have a couple. They're great out of the crate, get along with everyone, but when they're in their crates and another dog comes near, all heck breaks loose. Sounds like Bang and Trinket have established some boundaries which is a good thing. Watch them though, it could happen again. Mine have been living together for years yet are still aggressive when it comes to their crates. What cracks me up is that they try and go after the other dog and they are locked in their crate. You would think after this long they would figure out that they can't do any damage locked inside.:rolleyes:

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Bang_o_rama

After it was all over I got into Bang's crate, just to make sure she hadn't taken things too much to heart, guarding-wise. No reaction at all except kisses on my face. Of course, it was so comfy that I might snarl at her if she tries to get in there with me tonight.

~D~

Guest Bang_o_rama

Well, her crate is currently in Trinket's house, so it would take Perro Mason to figure out all the legalities. They are again playing nicely, so they seem to have reached an amicable out-of-court settlement.

~D~

Edited by Bang_o_rama

Guest Bang_o_rama
Well, her crate is currently in Trinket's house, so it would take Perro Mason to figure out all the legalities. They are again playing nicely, so they seem to have reached an amicable out-of-court settlement.

~D~

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

It's her mobile home.......

Damn....that explains the twister that followed us down I-80!

it would take Perro Mason to figure out all the legalities.

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Very punny.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)