Hershey At The Er Vet Today

Hershey had not been acting right for a couple of days. Sometimes she does have a little snit of not eating and doing her own thing. Yesterday she only ate half of her daily food and was just laying around and acting listless. At first I thought she was feeling my emotions about Sandi's passing. This morning would not touch any of her food and was worse than the day before of not wanting to move around and looked as if she was walking stiff legged. I decided to take her to the ER vet which is closer than my regular vet and I knew she would be seen sooner than if I went in to my vet. The discovered she was running a slight temp, decided to do blood work, that came back with elevated white cells but not high enough to be concerned. While examing her the vet discovered that she was very sore in her neck so with the elevated white cells he decided to x-ray and was concerned about one of her discs so he consulted with a neuro vet and they both agreed that it could me an anomaly(sp?). They both thought she might have an inflamation so she is on an anti inflamatory med and pain meds. They are waiting for the radiologist to read the x-rays and will contact me if it is a disc problem. Told me to feed her soft or canned food. Tried that would not eat so out came the pots and a made her chicken and rice and got her to eat that. I will probably make her beef and rice on Thursday after EZ sees his neurologist and I have to give him report on Hershey.

Will it ever end for me. Funeral on Wednesday and hope everything will run smoothly

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

Oh, I am so sorry that this burden has been added to the load you are already carrying. I will be praying that your heart will be healing quickly. Sending prayers. :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Energy11

Sorry to hear about this, but sounds like you are on the right track.

Yes, it seems like, sometimes, we have wayyy tooo much to bare. I sincerely hope, things start looking up for you soon! I have, "been there, done that," and things did finally change and become better! They will for you as well!

Love and hugs!

Guest FullMetalFrank

Oh, I hope she is feeling better; you have enough on your plate... Years ago (wow, many years ago now that I think of it) I had a kitty who was walking stiff-legged and acting very odd, off his food, etc... and I took him to the e-vet. It turned out he was running a temperature for unknown reasons. The vet sent him home with me with a "watch-and-see" and told me his stiffness and behavior was from the fever. He was fine (I think they gave us antibiotics) and back to normal in a few days. I hope Hershey just has a little bug of some sort and feels better soon.

Hershey ate for me last night the rice/chicken and again this am and I managed to sneak in a couple spoons of canned food. I have dry food soaking now will try that later. She did have a slight fever of 1 degree above normal but was normal when discharged from the vets. Hope it is not her disc and that the antiinflamatory med will work. She is also on pain meds. Stiff legged walking has improved but is still not her normal self and not barking like she usually does

sending healing hugs all of your way!!!!!! :hope :hope :hope:bighug :bighug

you need a break :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Awww. I hope she continues to improve! Sending prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

When I got back from the funeral Home this evening Hershey ran up stairs and took her people cracker treat which she had not been taking. Hope this is a good sign that she is on the road to recovery

Guest Energy11
When I got back from the funeral Home this evening Hershey ran up stairs and took her people cracker treat which she had not been taking. Hope this is a good sign that she is on the road to recovery

Sounds like a very good sign! Try to relax tonight, both of you!