Zero Are My Night Guard And Case

Hi All,

Tony here, Zero's daddy. He's doing great, though he was a naughty dog today. While I was at work he ate my night guard (a mouthpiece looking thing to stop me from grinding my teeth at night) and the plastic case. I found 1/2 of my night guard when I got home, but that's it. His mood seems to be fine and he's eating and drinking ok. I guess he will pass what he ate. What should I look out for? I guess I should expect diarrhea. Unfortunately I will be out of town for Thanksgiving from Thursday - Saturday, but I have a VERY good dog walker. Any suggestions, comments?

Thanks

Sincerely,

Tony

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

It should be well passed by the time you leave. Make sure you let the walker know so s/he doesn't freak out if it comes through later.

You might give him a piece of bread in case there are sharp edges on what he swallowed. Otherwise, just keep a lookout for severe distress - pacing, panting, trying to vomit but can't - that would mean an obstruction and he'll need to go in asap. But it shouldn't come to that.

Happy Thanksgiving!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

He vomited up some pieces of the night guard, pretty sharp pieces of plastic maybe 1/2" in size about 15 minutes ago. I gave him 1 tbs Pepto Bismol to help coat his stomach.

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

Why dogs eat these things .... *sigh*

He'll likely be fine. As already noted, things you want to watch for are attempting to vomit and can't, attempting to poop and can't, inability to keep down food/water.

Fingers crossed.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Just so you know...dogs like stuff that smells like mom or dad, and especially stuff that smells like mom or dad and food. Thus, prime targets are cell phones, remote controls (Have you ever used either while you were snacking? Look out!), and --yes-- mouth guards.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)