5 Months W/o Alan

Guest ss556

Thank you everyone, it means a lot to me that some of you miss my handsome boy too and for the well wishes. I still don't know how to quote on GT, but:

"Ultimately, though very slowly, the sting and pain of the tragedy of their passing is replaced by the realization that their story is one of triumph and success. Alan was loved and cared for his whole life right to the end. That is the end-goal for me in adopting this precious breed: To fill their lives with contentment and joy, and you did that. In the end, Alan's story was a happy one. "

this is very, very nice and true and something positive to focus on.

Susan I know too how you feel. It'll be 7 months tomorrow that I lost Gogh & I mourn so much for him. My heart just hurts when I think of him or look at his pictures & I miss him so much.

Guest jettcricket
Thank you everyone, it means a lot to me that some of you miss my handsome boy too and for the well wishes. I still don't know how to quote on GT, but:

"Ultimately, though very slowly, the sting and pain of the tragedy of their passing is replaced by the realization that their story is one of triumph and success. Alan was loved and cared for his whole life right to the end. That is the end-goal for me in adopting this precious breed: To fill their lives with contentment and joy, and you did that. In the end, Alan's story was a happy one. "

this is very, very nice and true and something positive to focus on.

...I guess that's how we should look at it.

Not to mourn there passing but to celebrate their lives.... :heart

:brokenheart :brokenheart :(

Susan sadhugsmiley.gif I think about Alan and your love for him all the time.

We miss him too. :cry1

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sorry your missing Alan badly...........grief truly is hard to deal with.

Celebrate the happy times, not dwelling on sadness for too long.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

:grouphug :grouphug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest lynne893

ah, the time of year, the weather and certain smells have such an effect on us.

i am sorry for your loss of alan and know exactly what you mean.

i hope we all find comfort and peace some day..... we will.... it will take time.

hugs to you.

lynne

Guest PawsDeDeux

Susan, I know exactly how you feel about your Alan and the closeness and I'm sorry for your

loss. It hasn't even been a week for me w/o my heart girl and it is so painful. I hope your heart feels better soon.