Josie Is Very Sick And We Dont Know What To Do At This Point.

Guest sophjoe03

If you need a dehydrator, you can use the oven. I slice up beef heart, cook it, marinate it for three days, and then put it on aluminum foil sheets in the oven. It's electric, so I turn the heat on, then back off when the thermometer climbs. I try to keep it around 140F, I think. Anyway- you could do it the same way in the short run with a gas oven, too; if it has a pilot light, it should be warm all the time. Leave the door cracked to let everything dry out.

Coco (Maze Cocodrillo)

Minerva (Kid's Snipper)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Targets and Walmarts don't sell them at this time of year here. And the ones they do have aren't very heavy duty as RobinM mentioned. I was looking for one too and ended up going online.

Guest koolaidnconner

I can't believe I missed this thread. I too have a severe IBD hound(Conner) and have talked to Robin about differant things. She knows a lot about it. Listen to her.

The biggest thing you need to know is patiences. It can take a lot of time to get them back when they have an episode. I am right now after months of a relapse with Conner just starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I actually thought I was going to lose him this time. He has lost 13.5 lbs in 5 weeks and stopped eating for awhile. We got him on 40mg of pred a day, 50mg of imuran a day and 5-250mg tabs of metronidazole. Once we started the metronidazole he started coming around.

I would definitly pick up a bag of Z/D ULTRA allergen free and try it out once you have her stable on the fish. And if she starts gaining weight and looking better KEEP her on it, don't switch back any time soon.

Any questions you can PM me anytime.

:grouphug

Guest sophjoe03

I have tried to e-mail Dr. Couto and it comes back that he is out and it referred me to contact someone else, which I have.

He told me that he was going to be in England untill the 18th.

Guest hlpnhounds
Hello, I am new here and I am looking for help. My Josie is very sick. She started out haveing stomache problems and we have been to the vet several times. We have been dealing with this since 8-4-09 and She is now down to 48 pounds and keeps loosing weight. She started out at 68 pounds. Our vet scoped her and said her intestines looked funny so they sent us to OSU and they did another scope and said that Josie's clinical signs were caused by pyogranulomatous inflammation in her proximal intestines. The inflamation is the result of either an infectious process or an autoimmune disease. They took 21 samples to biopsy and couldnt get a diganose from it. Josie is on Baytril - 136mg , Prednisone - 20mg every 12 hours , Omeprazole 20 mg once a day, prilesec once a day. She has been on these meds for a solid week and a day and we dont see any improvement. She is still refussing to eat because it causes her stomach to hurt. She stretches and bows a lot and stays in the bow position for a period of time. I called OSU again today because it just kills me to see her suffer in pain and loose so much weight. She wants to eat but she wont in fear of pain. I am just so sad and Havent stopped crying in days. If anyone has any sugesstions I am all ears. OSU said this morning that they have no idea what to do for her at this point. She is strong and wants to fight. She is getting weaker by the day. Thanks for listening.

Heidie and the hounds

I don't see any pain meds listed here.....is she not on any pain meds ??