Proden Plaque-off

This is for the GT'ers who requested a follow up on Plaque-Off. I have been adding 3 scoops of Proden Plaque-Off to Wendy's breakfast every morning for about 3 weeks. BTW, the scoops are teeny, not even a teaspoon's worth of powder.

Anyway, last night I decided to take a close look at the girl's teeth (which were not terrible to begin with). There was some plaque build-up on a canine so I started to rub the tooth with my thumb. Lo and behold, the plaque just crumbled off!

This stuff works! :thumbs-up I give it two thumbs up. I just reordered a bottle from Only Natural Pet and plan to continue to use this product.

http://www.onlynaturalpet.com/products/Pro...Off/232000.aspx

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

That sounds like it's working great for you.

I did see one thing on the website that should be noted:

Caution: Not recommended for animals undergoing treatment for hyperthyroidism

Kills trying it at my house. :-(

Yup. The main ingredient is marine algae. Lots of iodine, I'm guessing. :dunno

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

• 2 weeks later...

I was all set to buy the ProDen after reading this thread, but when I read the post about thyroid (above) and the info on their website they said it isn't good for dogs who are hyperthyroid I thought I should check with my vet. Carl is hypothyroid and Sheila, after SARDs she seems ok, but I don't want to mess with her thyroid. So, I emailed my vet who also practices traditional western veterinary medicine as well as homeopathic. She said...no. Here is what she emailed me back this morning, "I do not think it would be good for them due to the seaweed content. it can be very stressful to the thyroid system, hypo or hyper."

Rats! So, I won't be getting any for my dogs. Anyone with a dog who has a thyroid condition might want to check with their vet, too, before using it.

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

It is ALWAYS a good idea to check with your vet before adding anything new to your dog's diet whether the animal is healthy or not. :nod Wendy's vet thought I would be throwing my $$$ away on this product. Can't wait to show her the results.