Cavoc Is At The Surgeon's (8/27)

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

Cavoc had a restless nite last nite but seems to be doing fine tonite. He has eaten much better today and has slept most of the day. He has a pain patch on and I have been giving him tramadol every 8 hours. He was actually wagging his tail tonite so I know that he feels better. :)

I was pretty shocked to see him last nite when I picked him up at the vet. I think the hardest part was knowing that he was in pain b/c of a decision that I had made. Based on what the tech and the vet said, I know that I made the right decision to have the total ear canal ablation done but it still hurts to see him like this. He has staples and stitches on each side of his head going from his jaw line up to where the opening to the ear canal would be and both of the opening to his ears are stitched shut. He also has a drain on either side of his jaw and an e collar on. He is supposed to go back in a week to have the drains removed and 2 weeks for the suture removal. Hopefully he won't end up with an infection between now and then.

Thanks again for everyone's good wishes. I really haven't been on here very much since Billy passed away and it is so good to know that no matter how long I have been gone that I can still count on everyone here for moral support. :grouphug

Please don't be hard on yourself - Cavoc will thank you very shortly. Once he heals, his pain will be gone. And as I said before, that is a wonderful gift. :grouphug

Please keep us posted - I'll be looking for your updates.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Hoping Cavoc heals quickly with no complications.....don't feel bad once he's through the recovery process he'll be right as rain in no time....

Better to go through this short term discomfort than have pain in his head and ears for his whole life span.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose