Glucosamine/chondroitin

Guest knitkass

Guest knitkass

What brands of Glucosamine/Chondroitin do people use for their greyhounds? Cosequin is ridiculously expensive, and I'd honestly rather grind up a human-grade one, but I want to make sure that there's nothing in it that's fine for people but harmful for greyhounds.

The vet thinks that Callay's limp is more likely part of a bit of arthritis, or a soft tissue injury. Either way at her age, some glucosamine/chondroitin is a good idea.

So, help please!

Cosequine--it is cheaper online than at the vets (at least for most people.)

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

I get my from the Fresh Factor people www.springtimeinc.com

They may not be the cheapest but I feel very confident of their quality. I know I won't get any cheap imported stuff with possible harmful inpurities and that doesn't work very good from them. Have used their products for many years and they are very effective because of their high quality. Therefore I don't consider that they cost extra. Its a classic case of you get what you pay for as I see it. I'll bet you would be amazed at how much better she gets if you were to just give her Fresh Factors. They are "made" for girls like her and the dogs love them as treats they taste so good! No problem getting them to eat them. :)

Guest GoJakeGo37

My 11 year old Jake uses the people version from GNC. We have ordered from Greyhound Gang before. Both seem to work fine. When greyhound gang ran out I just converted their mg dosage to the GNC brand. I think off hand it's 750 twice a day. But the vet put him on a RX pain pill too. That's what we do. Best Wishes!

Guest knitkass

do you get good results with the Sam's Club/GNC people versions? I'm worried about byproducts that aren't safe for dogs, you know? There's a lot of odd ingredients in it.

Guest carmasims

a friend has been using the people kind for her 8 yr old greygirl gigi (and, herself!) and she said she can't believe the difference!

she buys it at costco

My pups have used the Sam's Club glucosomine for years and never had any problems.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon