Anyone's Greyhound Experience Severe Gas

Guest TinasTroops

Guest TinasTroops

Gas and or cramping. If so, what did you do to help your greyhound pass the gas?

Edited by TinasTroops

Guest TinasTroops

Cramping is a side effect,

Side Effects : Constipation, stomach cramps, bed wetting, decrease or increase in urination, dizziness, lightheadedness, difficult or painful urination, lack of sweating, joint pain, lower back or side pain, visual changes, difficulty controlling muscle movement, drooping eyelids, headache, jaw pain, numbness or tingling in fingers or toes, pain in testicles, weakness, leukopenia, decrease in number of platelets which can lead to bleeding, and inflammation of the mouth. Vincristine's major side effect is a reversible peripheral neuropathy.

We have and the Vet said it is a side effect that will pass, by pass is not soon enough.

No experience to share but has your vet offered any sort of medication to help counter this unpleasant side effect? If not, can you press him/her to do so?

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Poor babe. Ask if she can have some Phazyme or Gas-X.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

The poor love feeling uncomfortable.......I'd certainly push for advice from yours or A. Another vet for something he can take to ease his discomfort.

Maybe you could gently massage his tummy in a clockwork motion this might ease it a little it sometimes helps with my greyhound when he has tummy ache.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest twilliams

The entire time my dog Skipper had vincristine injections he was on Pepcid daily. When he was having a lot of nausea he was given Cerenia as needed. I do not remember him as having a lot of gas or being constipated. He did had the big D and vomiting for several days after each treatment. There are many dogs that do ok with vincristine. Good luck!

Guest greydogluvr

My Willie had very bad cramping after his chemo, though it was a different type. He liked me to place my arms under his belly and he would put all of his weight onto my arms. It was as if I was trying to pick him up, but he would relax in him arms. I think the pressure eased the pain. I went through an entire night of this. It is just terrible to see them in pain. I hope this passes soon. Additionally he was on pepcid.

Guest Energy11

I have never had to do chemo, but if I did, I would think generic Gas-X might help, and/or maybe used with Pepcid AC?

Gas is the worst ... poor baby! Love and hugs and lots of healing thoughts!