Bad Girl Panties?

Guest LeanneSchatz

Guest LeanneSchatz

Who makes them here? My new girl Bea needs some. She has bad SA when I leave and I think this is the only way to help her!

Thanks!

Leanne

Guest LeanneSchatz
Who makes them here? My new girl Bea needs some. She has bad SA when I leave and I think this is the only way to help her!

Thanks!

Leanne

True, I don't want that. Is there any way to stop it? I don't mind cleaning up her pee, it takes 2 minutes but I just want her to be happy! She's 7 and we were fostering her and now we adopted her. She's happy otherwise!

Have you had her checked for urinary incontinence? Our grey girl Darcy was diagnosed with that when she was 7 y/o. She is extremely good at letting us know when she needs to go out to potty. Unfortunately, she can no longer control it. She will usually have potty accidents when she is sleeping. The vet put her on Proin which helped to stop it.

Laura with Celeste (ICU Celeste) and Galgos Beatrix and Encarna
The Horse - Gracie (MD Grace E)
Bridge Angels Faye Oops (Santa Fe Oops), Bonny (
Bonny Drive), Darcy (D's Zipperfoot)

I'm not going to be much help here but just wanted to add that having her stay wet like that can cause other medical problems.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Just to answer your question, Sheila makes the panties.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I thought I saw a vendor at Sandy Paws who sold them, but can't for the life of me recall who it was. Kicking myself that I didn't buy some for naughty mama Alimony, who has never had an "accident," but will purposefully mark in new-to-her places like hotels. <_<

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest sheila

Yes I make the bad girl panties. I don't know that they would be appropriate for this situation or even if they would work they way you would like them to. They are good for marking behavior and leaky/incontinence issues but even with a pad I don't know that they would hold a full pee. You might save a puddle, but they could leak around the edges and that would leach into her bedding and create a harder clean up. Also if this is a stress induced situation having wet panties on my exacerbate that stress.

I know it's frustrating though. Have you looked into things such as behavior training? Things like Dap diffuser, Canine Lullabies, or medication?

Guest LeanneSchatz
Yes I make the bad girl panties. I don't know that they would be appropriate for this situation or even if they would work they way you would like them to. They are good for marking behavior and leaky/incontinence issues but even with a pad I don't know that they would hold a full pee. You might save a puddle, but they could leak around the edges and that would leach into her bedding and create a harder clean up. Also if this is a stress induced situation having wet panties on my exacerbate that stress.

I know it's frustrating though. Have you looked into things such as behavior training? Things like Dap diffuser, Canine Lullabies, or medication?

I know, you are right. I would never want her sitting around in wet panties. She is such a sweetheart, I just want her to feel safe. She was with her previous owner for 2 years and got returned and she's been with us for almost a month. I hope she learns to trust that we will always come home! I have thought about just putting down a traning pad on the floor where she tends to go during the day. Would that just make her think it's ok to pee? It's so hard since I have yet to catch her doing it.

Carl's SA led him to wet in the house (which he no longer does!!!) and when Sheila was going through the horrendous SARDs business she was wetting in the house like crazy...she couldn't help it. She still has occasional accidents, so I did some research and bought these washable/reusable NEW bed pads. They are AMAZING, so big, so absorbent and super cheap. I couldn't get past the idea of the used ones, the thought gave me the skeeves, so I found this place. 34" x 52" for $8.20 brand new, they seem to be hospital grade. I can't find one that size and that quality for a better price. They shipped them out the same day and I had them the next day when I came home from work - on a Sat..they shipped FedEx.

They call me Miss Peepad!

Edited by ckruzan

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

The first thing I would do is rule out medical issues. Have her tested for a UTI. If that's what it is, it can be very tough to hold it, because it literally burns (ever have a bladder infection? You'd understand!).

If that is not the problem, I would not automatically jump to SA. True SA is a panicked dog, who is frightened that you will never come back to her. This is often manifested by a dog that fights to get out of the crate (or out of the house if not crated), who often drools a lake because of the panic. In fact, many dogs with SA do not mess in their crates.

We had a non-Grey foster at one time that had what I would call a moderate case of SA. He tried to escape his crate, shredded the crate pan and bedding, and drooled a lake. He rarely had an accident though.

In that case, you'll want to work on desensitization. I recommend a book called I'll Be Home Soon by Patricia McConnell, PhD. Not only does she give recommendations, but she explains what SA is, and what it IS NOT.

If this is not SA, I can tell you, I have been there. What we have found for Naples is that she needs an extra potty break before we leave for work in the morning. We have to MAKE SURE she goes, because often, she will become distracted, and not go. In that case, when she needs to go while we are not home, she will. She does not care about being dirty. It took us a while to learn this about her, and really see her cues, but we have gotten there. And now, she is reliable most of the time (I don't want to jinx it, though!).

Best of luck!

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.