Mosquito Repellent?

Guest Ashley

Guest jziegler

I haven't tried it (but I want to) there are garlic sprays that you spray on the yard which some say works well, others say they don't work at all. I figure that it is worth a try. There is also a company bite blocker that makes natural insect repellents with different formulas for people and dogs. We got some recently, and haven't tried it much, but is seems to help somewhat, but the jury is still out, and one of the dogs might have had a reaction to it (odd, considering what is in it).

Guest twhitehouse

This morning I was rubbing Lexi's bare butt and couldn't believe the amont of bug bites on them. :o Lexi hates being sprayed with anything (water, sunscreen). It freaks her right out. I spoke with a friend who has young kids and she said I should try these new bug spray wipes. You can get them at walmart, etc. I'm going to give those a try...

Guest artemiss
This morning I was rubbing Lexi's bare butt and couldn't believe the amont of bug bites on them. :o Lexi hates being sprayed with anything (water, sunscreen). It freaks her right out. I spoke with a friend who has young kids and she said I should try these new bug spray wipes. You can get them at walmart, etc. I'm going to give those a try...

I just spray the Burt's Bee's stuff onto my hands and rub it onto them..it's an oil and sprays kinda gloppy anyway.

Be careful with the wipes..most things have DEET in them that I've seen.

Guest Ashley

I don't know anyone who sells Avon stuff or I would go with that Skin So Soft. I also have had the hardest time finding the Burts Bees stuff, despite looking in every store I go to. I may try to find that place that sells the cactus stuff, or I'll have to find someone who sells Avon!

• 9 months later...
Guest NDhound

The gnats are very thick in grassy areas here, my poor boy really got chewed up tonight. I hate skin so soft but I found a bottle & diluted 50% with water. Smell isn't quite so bad now, I thought I had a bottle of Adams but I couldn't find it tonight. Shopping for product like Cactus Juice & Berts Bees sounds like fun. Just not fair to survive the 20 below winter and be chased inside bu bugs. Thank you all for your recommendations.

On Adam's Flea & Tick Mist website it says to use it for killing fleas & ticks and temporarily repels mosquitoes, gnats & flies. I've just starting using it and many people on the board use it so it is greyhound safe.

I can't vouch for it myself because it has been raining here since I applied it on the kids :)

Guest NDhound

I picked up a bottle of Adams plus, is this the same product or not safe to use. Doesn't say water based but 98.695% other. I allso picked up a Sentry Natural Defense: peppermint, cinamon, lemon grass, clove & thyme oils & 92.6% alcohol. Are either of these safe to use.

Has anyone tried those Off clip-ons? It has a little fan in it, I think. I was thinking of trying one myself hoping it would also deter mosquitos around the hounds. I haven't actually seen one in a store (just a commercial) so I haven't read ingredients.

I'm curious about those too. They sell them at Costco.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png