Sterling Update

Guest RynnAndLyra

Guest RynnAndLyra

Well, apparently I can't hear or pay attention. We got a letter in the mail yesterday from Sterling's oncologist. Prior to his second chemo treatment on Monday - they need to have his blood drawn!! Yikes - I honestly don't remember her telling us this. Makes sense - they have to see where his white cells are before giving him another dose.

So he is off to Dr. Bill at 3:00 today to have the blood drawn.

Three times this week he has coughed and three times I about had a heart attack. All three times were after he had eaten - so hoping he was just bolting his food as usual.

The fur is starting to grow back - and I hope I am imagining this - because it looks almost a little kinky...

He is doing great. Other then not wanting to sleep upstairs - he is totally back to normal.

Fingers crossed the blood comes back fine and we head to Lake City for the second chemo.

Sending lots of prayers for the blood to come back ok.... :hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greydogluvr

I have been thinking about your boy so often. Continued prayers for Sterling. Fingers crossed for only the best!!!!

Every day is a blessing! Hoping Sterling continues to do well and has MUCH more quality time with you. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I think about Sterling every day.. thank you for the update, and I've got my fingers and toes crossed here that the bloodwork is perfect, and the chemo goes as scheduled.

You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Well, apparently I can't hear or pay attention. We got a letter in the mail yesterday from Sterling's oncologist. Prior to his second chemo treatment on Monday - they need to have his blood drawn!! Yikes - I honestly don't remember her telling us this. Makes sense - they have to see where his white cells are before giving him another dose.

So he is off to Dr. Bill at 3:00 today to have the blood drawn.

For both of my greys and myself, the blood is drawn in the same appt. as the chemo. It doesn't take long to run.

:grouphug to you and Sterling. Demon is a few weeks behind Sterling in the process.

Guest RynnAndLyra

Thank you so much everyone.

Dr. Bill was able to take Sterling's blood from the back of the Explorer!!! That was wonderful - Sterling didn't even have to get out of the truck and go in the office.

Dr. Meleo (Oncologist) will get the results this morning - so I'm hoping not to hear from her - which means he is ok and we will be set for more chemo on Monday.