It's Cancer.

Elsie has adenocarcioma. Size- 1.3 tumor. Grade 1- clean margins. Vet emailed Dr. Couto for treatment.

Elsie has 3-4 other miniscule tumors that she feels are nothing at this point- but they do have to come out. Not today, tomorrow, but sometime in the not too distant future.

Vet feels that this this is the best of a bad situation.

We are waiting to hear how Dr. Couto want us to proceed.

Please, once again, keep my sweet cowgirl of my dreams in your thoughts and prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Annie

I can't believe it either. :(

Thank God Elsie is with you, Robin! She will have the best chance of living a full life in your loving and capable hands!

Many hugs to you :grouphug:grouphug:grouphug and prayers for Elsie!!! :hope:hope:hope

I agree... unbelievable. SO unfair! But you will do the best you can, we all know that. Sweet Elsie couldn't ask for a more doting mama. :bighug

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Ack! I am so sorry to hear that it is cancer, but thank goodness it's grade I and they got good margins. I am sure that Dr. Couto's team will get back to you soon too. I believe that Dr. Couto is due back tomorrow from his trip to Argentina where he was giving some lectures.

Will keep you and Elsie in my thoughts!

FL

As I have said so much lately...it's just not right...so unfair. :angryfire

Holding you and Elsie in my heart and prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Wow Robin. You must be feeling as shell-shocked as I am these days. At least it's a grade 1 and they got clean margins. :grouphug

Guest Harry702

I'm so sorry, Robin. You've had too much stress, sickness and sadness in your family than most of us could ever imagine handling. Thank you for continuing to love through it all... regardless of what happens with Elsie, you showed her what it's like to live with a family who loves her. The greatest gift anyone can give another creature.

Keep fighting. We're cheering for you and Elsie.

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry :grouphug Clean margins does sound good, though! :hope :hope :hope

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest Energy11

WOW!!! That stinks! Love, hugs and prayers for Elsie from us, too!

Yes, I think Dr. Couto will be back tomorrow, but, of course, his staff is still answering emails ... here is THEIR address, if needed: Greyhound@cvm.osu.edu

After some very unladylike language ran through my mind, all I could think was that if God really does give the most to those who can handle it, he must really think quite highly of you. But enough already!

Elsie couldn't have found a better home or a more capable and loving mom. Hugs and prayers and good thoughts are being sent to both of you.

Guest KRKWMU

Robin, I'm so sorry for the diagnosis. :cry1 I hope Dr. Couto will give you good recommendations and an excellent prognosis. :goodluck