Chloe And Her Head Tremors

I have no experience with head tremors in my two Robin, I just wanted to send some :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

NO NO !! Maybe I wasn't clear. She stops as she is eating the cookie. The cookie is dried chicken breast. NO SUGAR. She stops the second she starts chewing so it can't possibly be hypoglycimia- she responds too quickly.

I am going to have labs done anyway. Can't hurt.

I was just going to say the same thing since she stops after she has some sugar. Wow!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest jziegler

My Zephyr has head tremors. They last anywhere from 5 to 10 minutes and seem to be triggered by stressful or tiring situations (like a day at Dewey Beach). According to the animal communicator I work with, Zephyr reports that there's some kind of neurological disconnect where her brain is telling her body to stop shaking, and the body doesn't get the message. She reports that she has mild tremors about once a month, but on Saturday, I saw her have 3 episodes. I think she was worried because Saturn had to have a second surgery for a laceration on his side. I've tried giving her food, but it didn't seem to help, so I usually sit with her to try to calm her down and give her a Reike energy treatment. Zephyr reports that the tremors are disconcerting but not painful.

Chloe's last 1 minute or less. My vet said that if they last over 3-5 minutes, I need to get her into the vet ASAP.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest LindsaySF

Clancy has a history of head tremors. A question for you: Do Chloe's start while she is asleep or just as she wakes up? Clancy's usually start that way. The theory is that the brain goes a little haywire as the dog is entering REM sleep.

We call Clancy's name and pat his head, once he focuses on us and is totally awake the tremors stop. They never last more than 30 seconds so the vet said not to worry about it (especially as he is a bully breed and probably has a genetic predisposition to this).

The fact that Chloe's stop once she is focused on the cookie made me think of this. You can try getting her up and walking her around too, that helps Clancy.

Guest Meirowitz

Robin, could it be a form of seizure disorder? My Daisy, Chloe's "twin," has had three seizures since I've had her the past year and a half. They don't last long, perhaps a few minutes; she stiffens up, shakes, crouches, splays her legs, drools uncontrolably, and then, minutes later, she's fine. The vet has advised me to document the times and effects. If they "cluster," or become severe, it would be time to contemplate putting Daisy on meds. However, at this stage, meds are not called for.

It's disconcerting, I know. Freaked me out the first time it happened. But now I know what to expect and what to do, so I can deal better with it.

Have you ruled out Lyme Disease, or symptoms thereof? Has she been tick-bitten, to your knowledge?

R.

This is what it looks like Dick-

We have done no testing on Chloe other than her full thyroid panel.

Lindsey- she is not normally asleep when this happens. She will be sitting/laying there and I'll look over to see this.

Originally, I thought it was stress related and possibly a reaction to chemicals that start appearing in the spring as it seems to be more frequent in the warmer months.

As I had mentioned earlier- the thing that got me was there were more in this one week than we usually have in a year.

th_MVI_1978.jpg

th_MVI_1977.jpg

Guest Meirowitz

Robin, I'm no authority, but I'd say it is a mild seizure. Daisy's are more intense, but still not problematical at this point. Ofcourse, if it is a seizure, the question becomes: What triggers it? With Daisy, perhaps a change of diet will help, and so, I've switched to raw foods.

R.

Edited by Meirowitz

Guest jziegler
Chloe's last 1 minute or less. My vet said that if they last over 3-5 minutes, I need to get her into the vet ASAP.

We have been talking to the vet about it, and he wants us to just monitor Zephyr for now. We've been assuming they are some kind of mind seizure. We have seen them when she has had tiring or stressful days, so that seems to be a primary trigger.

The vet says that if he treated for every dog that has these kind of symptoms occasionally, that probably close to half of the dogs that he sees would be medicated for seizures. She goes in for her yearly exam this week, so the vet will be asked about this again.

Carl had one this morning. It looked like what you posted of Chloe's. Carl's have never seemed like seizures. He can track me with his head and eyes, he can walk, he can follow commands and he has no disorientation or weakness. He was on the couch with his head down and I noticed his ears were jiggling, his head went up when I sat down next to him, I just cradled his chin in my hands and pet him, it was over in seconds.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest LindsaySF

Clancy had a bad week a few months ago where he had tremors multiple times a day for a week. Now it has been months since his last one. Not sure what triggers them but they sometimes come in spurts. :dunno

• 2 months later...

Wow I just read this and our Ashlyn has the same issue. It's very sporadic and has not happened in several months but for a while back, it was happening almost every morning before I went to work. I was afraid she had epilepsy. I feel a little better now.

Bella(Bella Zinfandel), Jasper(GLS Run On In)

Bridge Babies: Maggie (So To Speak), Ashlyn (Highwind Tornado), Mick (Rapid Recoil), Tiger(Charge It Up)
CT Greyhound Adoption/GPA