Application Submitted!

Guest BoyzMom

Guest krohe

Hello All,

My husband & I submitted our application to adopt a greyhound today! We are so excited! :colgate

We have been petless for almost 2 years. Our dear kitty, Chloe (siamese mix), died in my arms in May 2007. Our dear dog, Emily (Border Collie mix) went to the rainbow bridge in September 2007. Both were 16 years old and the lights of our lives.

We swore we would never have another pet. My heart just could not bear that kind of grief again.

But, just in the past 2 months or so our hearts have opened back up to the possibilty.

And here we are!

We've researched and read and attended a meet & greet. Now we just want our fur-baby!

It's greyt to find a group like this. I look forward to chatting with you!

Welcome Karen, you'll find a lot of support and hillarity here.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest greytful4
Welcome to the cult of the greyhound.

Once you have your grey your life will never be the same :)

:nod Welcome!

Guest krohe
Welcome! Did you select a particular hound yet?

Thanks for the welcome.

No, we haven't selected yet. Our local greyhound organization will select our new pup for us. They conduct a home visit, then will do their best to match the personality / habits / demeanor of one of their fosters to us and our lifestyle. Our home visit will be in the next week or two. :yay:yay

Any advice you can give to a newbie is greatly appreciated!

Edited by krohe

Guest winli02

Hi there from another WNY-er! Are you going thru BGA, GREAT or Gals? All are great and all have super events in the area. I have been to a few events from each and all the ppl are very nice. And since you are right down the "road" from it, you should check out grapehounds.com for a fun time in July!!!

Guest krohe
Hi there from another WNY-er! Are you going thru BGA, GREAT or Gals? All are great and all have super events in the area. I have been to a few events from each and all the ppl are very nice. And since you are right down the "road" from it, you should check out grapehounds.com for a fun time in July!!!

Hi Lisa!

We're going with BGA. They have some good events and meet & greets. The people are all just wonderful. But I'm discovering that everyone in the 'cult' is super-nice. :colgate

Thanks for the info about grapehounds. I also heard about a picnic at Chestnut Ridge Park in July, I think. That sounded like fun.

Guest PhillyPups

:wave Hi from Philly -

One thing about greyhounds - for my first I wanted a small female and not a tiger striped. (Brindle) and got a big brindle boy - swore he was gonna be an only child, did not want more than one - I live with four. Told them I was not gonna get all crazy like them - now I am crazier - I got lost somewhere under the Greyhound Spell and it is all good!!

Congrats on your first, and again, welcome :wave

Guest sandlot13433

Welcome from the Finger Lakes region of New York! It's so exciting to see more and more New Yorkers adopting! Do keep us updated! Can't wait to see photos of your new pup!

Welcome from Illinois! The waiting will be the hardest part of the process. Best of luck choosing your new family member.

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

:welcome2

How exciting for you!! I so remember submitting the application to adopt our first GH 1 1/2 years ago. Now we have 2!

Greyhounds are awesome and it's great you've already found GT! You will love it here!!

And of course, when your new baby arrives, we'll need to see lots and lots of pictures! Those are the :rules around here!

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest CDNgreys

That's wonderful that you are ready to welcome a pet into your life again.

Can't wait to hear all about the new adventure.

:welcome2 I'm just across the 'ditch'!!

Guest luvdogs

That is funny, we swore we would never have another pet too, because it was too painful to lose our wee Westie just over a year ago. We had her for 16 years too! Now we have had our Grey for 6 weeks and are already thinking of getting another one!! Good Luck!