Black Spots On Gums

I am waiting for a call back from the vet but thought I'd see if anyone has had the same problem. Cinnibuns has had some real problems with her digestion. We've had many vet visits for "gastroenteritis". The last visit was almost $500 for blood work, x-rays, fluids, antibiotics, etc. She thows up partially undigested food along w/white foam which is usually after a ride in the van. She LOVES to go for rides and loves her throne on the back seat. Anyway, we've had major diarrhea since yesterday and I have gone to a bland diet. Tonight when I was brushing her teeth I noticed some black spots on her gums.......I have to admit I can't remember if all her gums are always pink.........any ideas? Thanks

Guest Lovey_Hounds

2 out of my 3 have always had black spots on their gums. get her checked to make sure but some dogs have spots.

Two of mine have black spots on their gums and one of mine has black spots on her tongue. Just genetic, nothing to worry about. But, I have not seen your dog so couldn't be sure that they were the same thing.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Black pigmentation is normal. Raised black areas would be something to be concerned about.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Most of mine have "freckled" gums. Echo's are actually more black than pink :)

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.