Bee Wiseman Has A Lump On Her Face

Because it moves when palpated, I vote for lipoma (fatty tumor). My Ridgeback was prone to these and the vet would just aspirate them with a syringe. Quick & painless. Hope Miz Bee W.'s bump is nothing to worry about, too.

Kisses, sweet girl. :kiss2

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest greytexplorer
My Chickers has this exact thing on his face. It's even in the same place, just maybe a little smaller. He's a blood donor at OSU, and they've been watching it for a couple months now. They have not been able to extract cells from it, only blood, and they are almost sure it's just a fatty tumor, but because it IS growing, they want it removed, so I'm taking him to my vet in town in the morning to set that up, and make sure it's tested after to find out for sure what it is. :(

Mandy has one, too, on the side of her face, near the jaw bone.

Vet says it's a fatty tumor, nothing to be alarmed about, and we are watching it.

Vet also says that since it is "moveable", that's a GOOD sign, just so you know.

Mandy is 12, and due to her age, I am knot going to do anything about it, at least knot at this time.

~Pat

Guest Ohiogreymom
My Chickers has this exact thing on his face. It's even in the same place, just maybe a little smaller. He's a blood donor at OSU, and they've been watching it for a couple months now. They have not been able to extract cells from it, only blood, and they are almost sure it's just a fatty tumor, but because it IS growing, they want it removed, so I'm taking him to my vet in town in the morning to set that up, and make sure it's tested after to find out for sure what it is. :(

Chickers had surgery to remove his lump removed on 6-12-09. I got the lab results back on it: It's called a Fibrolipoma. Comments: Fibrolipomas are benign connective tissue tumors composed of an admixture of histologically normal adopose and collagenous connective tissue that do not recur if completely removed. Because fibrolipomas have no defined microscopic borders, gross inspection at time of surgery is a better judge of completeness of resection than microscopic examination.( Reference: Veterinary Dermatopathology, P.432, 1992)

Chickers is doing greyt after having his removed, and now you can't even see scarring. It looked exactly like Bee Wiseman's lump, and I truly hope that's what hers turns out to be. Darlene

i just saw that people are inquiring about bee wiseman. we have a new vet who just evaluated bee. she thinks it may be clogged salivary glands. this lump (that comes and goes) is right in the area of a dog's salivary glands. bee is having a dental next week. bee has, in the words of our vet, "very angry gums" so the teeth and the bad gums may somehow be related to the lump condition. darlene, i will pass along your info on the fibrolipomas to the vet.

as a side note i sent my new vet a sheet of info that our adoption group gave us on greyhound dentals/anesthesia protocols/malignant hyperthermia/dantrolene/coag. data etc. i hand wrote a note to the new vet explaining how nervous i was about this dental. the vet called me the day she received the info and my note and left a great message explaining that she is well aware of greyhound issues with anesthesia etc. the vet encouraged me to call her asap to discuss my anxieties, etc. i am so impressed with this office and so glad that we changed vets. i will update all of you after the dental to see if the cleaning has any effect on the lump. thanks for your concern about our sweet bee wiseman.

Edited by 45MPHK9

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan