Do Your Dogs Do This Too After Meds?

Guest EmilyAnne

Guest EmilyAnne

My boys, every time I give them meds, (we give meds in peanut butter) they spend a good five minutes licking their legs afterwards. I dont know if Henry taught this to Riley and that is why both my dogs do this, or do all dogs do this? I think it's kinda funny! :lol

Dazzle licks her shoulder after getting her peanut-butter wrapped fish oil pill. Tip and Ali don't, but Dazzle does it almost every time. It's like she's pleasantly surprised that suddenly her shoulder has been transformed into tasty peanut butter. :chow: :lol

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest TheDoggfather

$5 says they take a nap after all the licking...

I'm not saying this with any scientific evidence, but, I see a bunch of dogs every single day and have a pretty good grasp on them. A lot of dogs, prior to napping will lick their forelimbs. A soothing thing? I can't say for sure, but, I do know that I see them doing it a lot just prior to laying their heads down.

Dude licks his shoulder, his leg, his bed, my leg, the DH - anything handy! - after he gets peanut butter. Copper and Toni will sometimes, Cash never does. I always thought he was cleaning the PB off his tongue!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest Spencers_Greyt

It's not the meds that cause that it's the sticky peanut butter. All 3 of mine lick their legs afterwards - not sure what that accomplishes though.

Guest EmilyAnne
$5 says they take a nap after all the licking...

I'm not saying this with any scientific evidence, but, I see a bunch of dogs every single day and have a pretty good grasp on them. A lot of dogs, prior to napping will lick their forelimbs. A soothing thing? I can't say for sure, but, I do know that I see them doing it a lot just prior to laying their heads down.

:catscat then yes :nappy . :lol

Guest gennygrey

My Shadow just loves to lick his legs. After meds, before a nap, after a nap, just sitting around. He just obsessively licks. It is really annoying.