Chondrosarcoma?

Guest sknydog

Guest sknydog

I'm waiting on results to find out if my wolfhound has osteosarcoma or chondrosarcoma. Hoping for chondro. Has anyone dealt with this before? He had 5 ribs and a 3 lb. tumor removed on Tuesday. Needless to say, he is in pretty sad shape right now and won't be home until at least the first part of next week. And the test results will also be back next week. Praying for my sweet boy. :(

i went through the same thing with Loca last year. Please, please send the xrays to Dr. Couto at OSU. In my case, it turned out to be a misdiagnosis on the part of the local radiologist.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest sknydog
i went through the same thing with Loca last year. Please, please send the xrays to Dr. Couto at OSU. In my case, it turned out to be a misdiagnosis on the part of the local radiologist.

The tumor was sent off to determine what we are dealing with. They had to remove it that day because it had grown up and pushed into his lung and his breathing was very restricted. What happened in your case?

Guest KennelMom

I'm so sorry to hear about Murphy, Allyson :( Elvis was diagnosed with Chondrosarcoma, but on the xrays you could tell that his lungs were pretty much full of tumors so there really wasn't much we could do. I'll be praying for your boy :hope

The tumor was sent off to determine what we are dealing with. They had to remove it that day because it had grown up and pushed into his lung and his breathing was very restricted. What happened in your case?

it turned out that the local radiologist mistook normal lung superimposed over the clavicle for a tumour. turned out normal. i hope everything works out for you :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest sknydog
I'm so sorry to hear about Murphy, Allyson :( Elvis was diagnosed with Chondrosarcoma, but on the xrays you could tell that his lungs were pretty much full of tumors so there really wasn't much we could do. I'll be praying for your boy :hope

Thanks Heather. They did an ultrasound and practically full body xrays to see if it has spread and thankfully it was perfectly contained. Did they send off to determine that Elvis had chondro?

it turned out that the local radiologist mistook normal lung superimposed over the clavicle for a tumour. turned out normal. i hope everything works out for you :grouphug

OMG!!!!! :blink:

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys
Here is his 32 staples and chest tube. Hard to make out the huge dent where the five ribs are missing.

Murphy.jpg

OMG :(

I gotta say that has to be one of the most extreme suture sites I've seen in a long time!!!

:grouphug

Guest sknydog

Heather, no doubt! I was a little weak for a couple hours later just seeing what all he had been thru and how pitiful he was. And then to see the huge dent where the 5 ribs were taken. :unsure

Guest KennelMom

Allyson...we didn't send it off. The confirmation from the patho wouldn't have changed the outcome. Our vet was as sure as he could be w/o being a pathologist that it was chondro. It was very typical of what they see on the ribs...we can't be sure what came first...chondro that spread elsewhere (to his lungs) or vice versa.

Poor Murphy! That site definitley looks ouchy! Is he at Upstate? They took remarkable care of our girl Harmony when she was hospitalized there.

Guest sknydog
Allyson...we didn't send it off. The confirmation from the patho wouldn't have changed the outcome. Our vet was as sure as he could be w/o being a pathologist that it was chondro. It was very typical of what they see on the ribs...we can't be sure what came first...chondro that spread elsewhere (to his lungs) or vice versa.

Poor Murphy! That site definitley looks ouchy! Is he at Upstate? They took remarkable care of our girl Harmony when she was hospitalized there.

Absolutely he is at Upstate. I wouldn't have him anywhere else dealing with something like this! They are the best! His doctor is Dr. Morrison whom we had never met before. My dogs have always seen Dr. Allen but Dr. Morrison has been great too. I'm living with a huge knot in my gut waiting on the report to come back. :(

Guest sknydog

Murphy has had a serious setback. They aren't sure what is going on but were starting more tests and xrays. I'm waiting on them to call me back with an update. I'm really worried now what today holds. My heart is breaking.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys
Murphy has had a serious setback. They aren't sure what is going on but were starting more tests and xrays. I'm waiting on them to call me back with an update. I'm really worried now what today holds. My heart is breaking.

:grouphug:hope:grouphug:hope