Old Man Vomiting

Guest SoulsMom

Guest MAXNAV

Oh Amber. I know how you feel even though I had my old guy for only 5 years, he was my world. Please keep us posted. I hope you feel better. :(

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he's been the healthy one, then he has a better than average chance in living as long as he was meant to with a few adjustments! Yes, it's scary, but he's your Archie! He can do it with your help! We will keep praying for him! Hope you feel better!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Early stages, might be well manageable and he could go on being your sweet old guy for *many* years, not just one or two.

He's awfully cute. :wub:

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Early stages, might be well manageable and he could go on being your sweet old guy for *many* years, not just one or two.

Ditto. It's true our previous Jack Russell was testamount to that......

Everything seems worse when you aren't well yourself.

Lots of cuddles with him on the couch is a great remedy for you both [Hugs from us]

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest SoulsMom

Thanks everyone, I'm feeling more positive today. I've come to terms with the fact that he's old, and olders dogs do have these issues in their later years and I'll manage it the best I can. *Sigh* I don't know, with Archie I just always thought he wouldn't get sick . . . yes, I know he can't live forever, but he has such spunk and sass that it's never seemed possible :blush

Guest MAXNAV
Just a pic of my old guy :wub:

IMG_0719.jpg

Oh Amber. He's adorable! The kind of guy you just want to hug, hug and give more hugs to. Give him a big one from me and Navigator. Hope you're feeling better today.

Ditto. It's true our previous Jack Russell was testamount to that......

Everything seems worse when you aren't well yourself.

Lots of cuddles with him on the couch is a great remedy for you both [Hugs from us]

I don't know how I missed this but this is so true Amber, Misty lived with kidney disease for 3 years and because we stuck to that kidney diet and meds, she did great. It was only after needing the high doses of Pred to come out of an Addisonian crash that her kidneys failed.

Had it not been for that, Misty would still be with me.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I feel with you! With all you've been through with Soul, you naturally relied on Archie to be the easy one. You know what I'm going through with Spencer, and now Shane's kidney issues are resurfacing, I think. Makes me unhappy, and I'm not even sick! :bighug Hang in there with me!

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

I just read through from start to finish. All I can offer is good thoughts, and prayers for you and "your guy".

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SoulsMom
I feel with you! With all you've been through with Soul, you naturally relied on Archie to be the easy one. You know what I'm going through with Spencer, and now Shane's kidney issues are resurfacing, I think. Makes me unhappy, and I'm not even sick! :bighug Hang in there with me!

:(:grouphug to you too

Here is a link that was very helpful to me when Mama was dx'd. Call me if you need ANYTHING!

http://www.dogaware.com/kidney.html

Thank you Deb! :bow2

Well, he vomited again tonight :( Some bile, some food, and what looked like a piece of grape skin :huh the only grapes in this house are fermented . . . . :unsure

I think what is upsetting me the most is knowing that he's not going to 'get better' from this. . . .with Soul and all his scary medical issues it was/is a matter of finding the triggers and controlling them. If Archie's kidneys are failing I know it's not going to 'get better' if you will . . . .

Guest BlackandBrindle

Give him extra love right now and try not to worry. :grouphug :grouphug

Sending lots of good thoughts for your fella :grouphug

Guest MAXNAV
Well, he vomited again tonight :( Some bile, some food, and what looked like a piece of grape skin :huh the only grapes in this house are fermented . . . . :unsure

I think what is upsetting me the most is knowing that he's not going to 'get better' from this. . . .with Soul and all his scary medical issues it was/is a matter of finding the triggers and controlling them. If Archie's kidneys are failing I know it's not going to 'get better' if you will . . . .

HUGS!!!!

He's so adorable! I still believe that if this is in the beginning stages, you can weather this storm and have lots of time left. Please post more photos of Archie! He's' such a doll! In the meantime, we will keep sending powerful prayers - for both of you!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest SoulsMom

Thanks everyone, I'll try to make an 'Archie' thread tonight :wub:

He threw up again this morning, right around 4am. It's just getting worse. That's two pukes in a matter of 12hrs :(

Edited by SoulsMom

Still mostly bile? Worth trying homecooked diet and giving his pepcid later in the evening?

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.