Red At The Vet For X-rays, Shoulder

I had to take Red to the vet this morning then leave him for x-rays as I had to get back to work.

He whacked his shoulder on the way into the house this morning. Totally self inflicted. He was the only one out, and the screen/storm door was propped open at least 3 feet. :headwall

GSOD at 6:30 am. Not good. Right leg hurt. But he put weight on it and did manage to still get himself up on the couch.

They will call later with results and when I can pick him up.

ETA: vet suspects just a soft tissue injury, but x-rays are to be sure.

Update 4:00 pm: Vet Technician called. x-rays are clear so it is a soft tissue injury. Whew.

Other matters always a concern for us as we lost a dog to osteo who broker her leg just walking in the yard.

Edited by GreyWrangler

gallery_9376_3027_10401.jpg

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Solo - Flying Han Solo 3/20/11

Missing: Murphy, Shine, Kim, Sprite, Red Dog, Lottie & Harry

Guest Energy11

HOPE it is just a soft tissue injury! Most like is, as they are sometimes, more painful than a break.

Good luck, and keep us posted! D

Ouch! Hope it turns out to be minor. If it is soft tissue, try Traumeel. I use the drops or the cream, it is wonderful to help healing soft tissue injuries.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Hoping it is just a minor injury. Please keep us updated.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

He did not like being lifted into or out of the truck at all. and at 82 lbs i wasn't too thrilled either, lol.

He was happy to be home and Lots gave him the big sniff over.

He was even happier to get his supper and he is now crashed out on the couch.

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Red is doing better.

Still limping but he is ambulating and being quite brave about it, lol.

He was glad for his rimadyl this evening though and is now sleeping on the bed.

Though he has yet to cockroach. I will know things are good for him when he is upside down again.

Nancy

quick correction.

LOL, I just glanced over and there are four paws in the air. SO yes, red is feeling better.

Nancy and

Grace - Andicot 2/1/07

Four paws in the air is the best! So glad he is feeling better!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead