Love At First Sight

Guest CarolN

Guest CarolN

Today Jack became part of our family. I got the call on Friday that our group had a dog for us, and I've been just dying to meet him ever since. All I knew is that he's black and his name was Jack, but that was enough. Today the car pulled into my driveway and as soon as I saw him, I knew he'd just be my love. I left him in the crate for a good nap, took him for a walk, let him have another nap in there, and even went to the store briefly to start him on getting used to being alone. After dinner, another nap, and a walk he wanted some hang out time with us. So now I'm sitting here on the couch, and he's loafing on his bed on the floor at my feet as two of the cats walk around sniffing him. He's got one ear sticking up, but he's not even interested enough in them to lift his head off the pillow---a very good thing in our houes of 3 cats. I think we're all going to be just fine together :)

How exciting! I can't wait to see pics. I love the black pups.

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

Congratulations! I just love the black ones! Our first was also black and has as much interest in the 4 cats as Jack! Welcome from Maryland.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Sounds like he's adjusting very well. :) Welcome to GT and congrats on adopting your first! :yay

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest FatCatSkinnyDog

Welcome to the wonderful world of greyhounds!!! And welcome to the site.

Because you are new, we will give you a break, but there are :rules and we require :digicam

Welcome home Jack!!!

Guest Javagirl

How wonderful for you all! Congratulations!

I remember when Ladd got out of the GRR vehicle (I had only seen his picture on the website) and I had my first look at him. I think my heart skipped several beats and then I almost passed out when I realized how large he really was. Withing 30 minutes the papers were signed and Laddie and I were chillin' peacefully and have been ever since. It was love at first sight - panic at second - and right back to love at third!

:welcome2 Welcome and congratulations!! I can't wait to see pictures of your new boy.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Congrats! Waiting for pics!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Nitemare

Congratulations! Does that first moment you see your new hound always stay that etched in your memory? It's as if it was just yesterday.

Welcome, from PA!