This Was Never Going To Be Easy.

Guest jenznaz

I think I'm not dealing with this very well...

I personally think that you are dealing with it very well from what I have read here....you are right it was never going to be easy. If there is one thing that I constantly have to remind myself it is to live each day with my dogs as if it may be their (or my) last. Enjoy your time with Naz knowing you did your very best for him, nobody can ask more of you than that.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

{{{{{{{{{{Jen}}}}}}}}}}

{{{{{{{{{{Naz}}}}}}}}}}

Been where you are. Sending prayers that Naz will be comfortable and not know he's sick for a long long time.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Love and loss are never easy. I know this all too well. Wishing you both many good days.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

I am struggling with the same issues with Fiona. She was diagnosed with Lymphoma 2 weeks ago and I knew from the beginning that I would not choose chemo. She is too easily stressed and the treatments would only bring a short remission. I know that we can't cure the cancer; best case scenario is that we would only delay it for a few months. Still, I feel guilty about the decision. She is 8 years old and we hope to make to her 9th birthday in August. In the meantime I will spoil her and try to make the right decision at the right time.

You are right; even if she had made it to 14 years old the decision would not be easy.