Ruffie's "torn" Dewclaw Was A Tumor!

Guest greymama002

Guest greymama002

Our sweet Ruffie Omaha came in from outside on Saturday night with his dewclaw area bleeding , so we thought he must have banged it running up the steps. When we took him to the vet on Monday, he said it looked damaged and would need to be cauterized under anesthesia. So yesterday I got a call at work from the vet, who said that what he discovered was that there was a growth on the inside pushing outward on the claw, causing the problem, and recommended removal of the toe, and that it could possibly be cancer. :ohno

So we agreed to the removal, and are hoping for no malignancy; our sweet boy just had his 3rd birthday and we hope to have many more with him!

He is being such a brave boy hopping around on his 3 good feet!

Anyone have any similar experiences or advice?

We'd appreciate any good thoughts for our sweet boy's recovery.

Thanks!

After sitting through the nail biting wait for answers on two of mine in the last two weeks, I feel your anxiety. I determined that I would wait until I had definitive answers from biopsy/x-rays before wailing and pulling out my hair. I know its scary but please remain in the calm zone. What ever it may be, you have resources, friends, support and prayers if needed. You will not be alone. That thought alone was my salvation

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Deep breaths! Sending prayers, calming thoughts and healing light for Ruffie!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greymama002

Great news from the vet! Ruffie's growth was NOT cancer, and his foot is healing fine!

He has been walking on the foot now, instead of hopping on the 3. We just have to manage keeping the bandage dry for another week until his stitches come out. This is proving quite a challenge as we cover his bandage in a thick plastic bag when he goes out for walks, but after doing his business, he MUST wipe his feet wildly, and he has flung the bag right off his foot, and it has been quite rainy and muddy around here!

Oh, well, that's our Ruffie, and we are so relieved that he will be just fine. We appreciate all the kind thoughts!

Oh thank goodness! I've been wondering about that boy! Greyt news! :clap:clap:clap

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead