Anyone Have A Grey That Changed It's Spots?

Guest Greyhound_Lilly

Guest Greyhound_Lilly

My girl Lilly is a 2 year old ex-racer (we had her 5 months) - white with some big red spots. I've noticed recently that she's been developing little patches of red here and there. It's the hair itself and doesn't appear to be in the skin (she does have ticking all over though). I heard greys turn a bit white in the face with age, but nothing about growing new spots! Anyone experience this? Could it be diet, the seasons, allergies?

Thanks!

www.youtube.com/greyhoundlilly

Guest Greyhound_Lilly
Yes - ticking gets darker as they age :)

See that's the thing - it's the hair that's changing color to red - not the skin.

Yes, I was told by folks here that Beth's ticking would become more prominent with time. Recently a friend saw her for the first time in several months and immediately commented that she looked spottier -- I'd sort of been thinking the same thing myself but wasn't sure. It's especially prominent over her lower back. (She just turned three; maybe ages 2-3 is a prime spot-forming age??)

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

Guest EMcElfresh

Even my chihuahua Pepper has gotten more spots on her nekkid belly over the year I have had her. I don't know why it happens. :D

Guest simile

Chloe is white with red just on her head. She's two and a half, and is starting to develop faint little red spots along her sides. It's really cute.

Guest simile

Chloe is white with red just on her head. She's two and a half, and is starting to develop faint little red spots along her sides. It's really cute.

Guest Greyhound_Lilly

YES! That's exactly what Lilly's got - I guess it's just a normal thing then.

Yup, Uber came to us.. his white was pure stark white. It's now thoroughly ticked with brindle spots. I keep teasing him that he feels like the odd duck so he's slowly becoming brindle to match everyone else. :lol

RevengeofTims.jpg

My other theory is that as his face goes white, the colour is travelling.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Sighthounds are good at that. If they have the gene for ticking, you will see more and more as they get older.

My Cooper, though not a Grey, is a perfect example. When he came to us at 16 months old, he had some ticking on his otherwise white legs. But now 6 years old, his legs are very heavily ticked.

It's VERY normal, and expected, so nothing to worry about! Kind fun, actually! :)

Sarah, the human, Henley, and Armani the Borzoi boys, and Brubeck the Deerhound.
Always in our hearts, Gunnar, Naples the Greyhounds, Cooper and Manero, the Borzoi, and King-kitty, at the Rainbow Bridge.

Stel is 8 now and she gets "spottier" by the year!!! I see the same thing happening with Hitch...he's 4 now so who knows what he'll look like when he's 8!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I have always known that Gracie was strange. She is getting lighter as she gets older.

This was shortly after she came to our house. 5yrs ago

05-01-2004112722AM.jpg

This was about a month ago.

003-20.jpg

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra