Soul Sliced His Stop Pad

Guest SoulsMom

my female ALWAYS is cutting her pads and then she promptly files for workman's comp. she even managed to cut one scooting out of the crate to get a treat.

i clean it w/ saline solution, easy to keep some saline nose spray in the first aid kit, place some gauze on it and then gently wrap w/ vet wrap. initially i will put some triple antibiotic ointment on it, but only once since it prevents the healing process. it takes around 1 week to 10 days to heal. when her pad near her dew claw was hanging off i had it trimmed, but i find they heal just fine w/out running to the vet. i also have taken an old woolen mitten, pushed the thumb in and use it as a bootie on top of the bandage. i use duct tape to secure it and provide a good walking surface.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SoulsMom

Well, it seems to be healing ok, but he's still sensitive about that area. He stiffens up and gets that alarmed look in his eyes when I go to inspect his owie

And this morning he decided to give me a worry . . .he didn't finish his breakfast and was acting like he didn't feel well (this is what he did before both HGE episodes). Just kinda mopey with his head down and tail between his legs. I picked up his bowl, picked out his Niacinamide pill and got ready to dump the rest. At that point he perked up and wanted to finish. Guess he just didn't want to take his vitamin this morning! :rolleyes:

He's a character and a half, that Soul man! Love him! I think he should have his own strip in the comic section of the newspaper! "Adventures of da Soul man!" No more owies, ok, Soul? Healing kisses and belly rubs for the big guy this morning.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Positive thoughts and prayers for the Soul man!!!!

The same thing happenned to me. Aggie quit eating her tripe up all of a sudden and I didn't know what to think. Turns out she had just discovered the Enalapril tab I had been putting in there for months. I quit putting it in there and she started eating it up again. But I can no longer hide it in there so I don't hacve to pill her. Gotta luv a greyhound!