Can Any One Give Us Some Advise?

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

Our almost 12yr old got a mark on her nose about 2 months ago. It looked like a dog caught her with a nail. It did not break the skin. Well about a month ago it started to grow. We took her to the vets and he said it felt like there ws a hole there. He pulled a sample and it was blood and muscus. We sent it away to be tested. What they sent back said they could not fine cancer cells but due to her age they feel it is cancer. Are vet said he could send her for an mri but that was not going to change anything.

She is doing great eating playing. Well today she had a bloody nose. Now i am scared. Does any one have any ideas?

Edited by 8_Greyt_Greys

My girl was just diagnosed with immune mediated. Basically her red blood cells are killing her platelets. This type of IM causes nose bleeds. In Peaches case her nose did not bleed and the doctor was surprised. Do you notice any bruising on your girl? Another sign. We have no idea how Peaches got this disease, just theories, as she is just over 4 years old. We will keep our fingers and paws crossed for your girl.

You don't always get an answer with the fine needle aspirate--the Dr would have to make sure that they aspirated the best spot of the lump and second not all tumors give off cells well--meaning that they are not good candidates for FNA's. In my opinion your best approach would be to see if the Dr can get a sample to submit to the Path dept (biopsy). Ask your Vet about perhaps trying to get a punch biopsy done. It won't remove the whole mass (lump) but, it should be enough for you to get an answer of what it is. Sorry, you are having troubles. :(

No idea, but I would second the biopsy suggestion. Sending prayers.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead