What Is Going On Here?

Guest AlmondJoy

Guest nerak254

We went for about a 1 /2 mile walk tonight about 7, came home and had dinner. Aruba didn't eat all of hers which isn't unusual, I think she believes in free feeding. :blink: Anyway a few minutes ago she decided to change positions and how she did it seemed kind of odd. Just now I took them out for a last pee and when she got up she was kind of leaning to the left and was walking like a drunk kind of. She did it out in the hall too and I helped her down 4 steps as best I could and she wasn't straight then either. She had to go down 2 steps to the lawn and that was about the same. The pee was done and we came in and I helped her up the steps. She came in and laid down and seems to be walking straight now. She's panting quite a bit and I think she is freaked. Actually I think we are both a little freaked.

Anyone seen anything like this?

It kind of sounds like my Frasier when he had his first vestibular issue. ??? It took a few days for him to be back 100%. Lynch's vestibular was more severe.

A friend's dog just went through this last week, though it was more severe.

Hope you figure it out and it's something minor.

Guest nerak254

She seems fine now. She's not panting anymore, I suspect at least some of the panting is from it being a little warm in here after our beautiful day. I'm going to turn the heat off and it may help. I think we'll go to bed and see how things are in the morning. She sleeps next to me so I'll know if something is going on during the night.

Poodle has had two very bad episodes.

The first time he started walking like a drunken sailor and falling over. I took him to the vet who said it was an ear infection and gave us drops.

Fast forward about a year and I wake up to *THUD* on the floor. He tried to get out of bed and fell. He couldn't walk more than a step without falling over. I called our new vet in panic and when I picked him up his whole back end was like dead weight. That vet said he'd had a stroke. I said that something similar happened before and it was diagnosed an an ear infection. She said "I can't tell you what happened before but this dog is having a stroke - look at his eyes". They were rapidly going back and forth.

After we got home I asked a very grey savvy vet for ideas and she said in most cases vestibular syndrome has head shaking issues and he didn't have that either time. :dunno Second vet said we could tell more with a lot of tests, but tht wasn't possible. He got a shot and was on baby aspirin for a week the second time and is fine now. :goodluck We'll probably never really know what the episodes were.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

How's she doing this afternoon? Prayers that it was an isolated incident!

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest nerak254

I am hoping th ings are still fine. I was lucky enough to be called in to work for a shift today...lots of cut backs. She was fine when I left although I was playing with one of her ears (you know when they lower their heads and basically put theier forehead in your lap) While I was doing that, all of a sudden I had a big blob of slobber on my bare foot. :puke

I'm done at 5 so I'll see then.

How scary. I hope she's going to be okay! I'll be checking this thread after 5...

:goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest nerak254

She seems perfectly fine. Ate some dinner and then went back to sleep. I really need to take care of this at home if I can, hours at all of my jobs have been drastically cut and There is nothing to pay it with.

What should their BP be and where do you take it? DD#1 is working out and I could take her over to her house when she gets home. I know she has a stethoscope at home and I'd bet on a pressure cuff too.