Angel's Not Well.

Well, I knew when I got three dogs about the same age that some day I would be dealing with all the geriatric problems at the same time, but I guess I was in denial. Angel isn't well. She's been on antibiotics for three weeks, but is still peeing in the house, though the color is lighter, so I think her infection is gone. But she's still doing it CONSTANTLY. (Yay for potty pads.)

She's losing weight in the last couple of days, too. And yesterday and today she's shown almost zippo interest in food. Those of you who have dogs who live to eat will know that this is a bad sign. She'll eat, but won't get up to come stand in the kitchen and watch me, or come for treats. So this week I'm going to have to find some time to take her to the vet.

I'm so tired. I just want a day when something doesn't go wrong. Ya know?

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest Pipi5

I know how you feel...I've always been concerned about getting doggies the same age, but I have 2 that will be 12, one 9 yr old and a 10 yr old & they out lived my 6 yr old.

I would definitly see a vet as soon as possible. I had one that lost all interest in food, and it turned out to be hermangio sarcoma. I will keep you in my prayers. Please keep us updated.

Oh Tami.... :grouphug

Aging sucks!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

I'm so tired. I just want a day when something doesn't go wrong. Ya know?

I think many of us can relate!! We're keeping your girl in our prayers and some for you for strength

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest 4baddogs

Oh Tami, I know how you feel. And it feels like when one thing goes wrong, the ball starts rolling.

I'll say some extra prayers for your girl tonight. It's so hard when they get older.

Yes, I can relate, I really can.

Prayers for your girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest KyGrey

Oh Tami....

I hope that you can find out what's wrong with her soon. I know you told me that she was still peeing in the house but I thought maybe it was just her bullheadedness. My fingers and the pup's paws are crossed here that it's something that can be easily fixed.

I know what you are talking about. We have a 11 1/2 yr old, 10 1/2, and 2 that will be 10 this year. I get so worried about them everytime they do something strange. If someone doesn't eat or limps I think on no should I take them to the vet?

:hope:candle:bighug

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

I know what you are talking about. We have a 11 1/2 yr old, 10 1/2, and 2 that will be 10 this year. I get so worried about them everytime they do something strange. If someone doesn't eat or limps I think on no should I take them to the vet?

:hope:candle:bighug

Well, that's the thing. If I took them to the vet every time they did something a little "off"...well, I couldn't afford it, and I wouldn't do anything else with my life.

But She's been peaky for a couple of days, and something isn't right. She's eleven. (So is Sunscreen Man, but he's perky.)

I gave her a can of food for dinner and she ate the whole thing, so at least there's that. I noticed that she's got the big D now, too. Damn it.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest nerak254

One of the things I did for Jessica when this was going on was to do musical food. I was lucky enough to have a couple of pet stores give me samples. I got tired of buying $$$ food for her and finding out she'd eat it one day and turn her nose up at it the next. I know not every one could have done that if there is a sensitive tummy, but Jessica had one of cast iron.

I, too, can relate, Tami. It is so incredibly hard to watch them age, especially when they lose interest in food. Buddy did, too, and that's when I knew there had to be something other than his LS going on. Hugs to you, and to Angel.

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Guest vahoundlover

antibiotics can be really hard on the tummy. Have you tried giving her Pepcid 30 min or so before giving her her pills?

there were some good suggestions in robinw's recent thread about Loca and her upset stomach while being treated for a uti.

Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Hope this is just a bump in the road. It's so hard to watch them age and dread all the changes that come with it. At least she ate the can of food! Could be a lot of things - but I suspect the antibiotics are at the heart of the problem. Sending prayers for everybody!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

She's been done with the antibiotics for almost a week, so I don't think that's the problem. She's very weak and wobbly. I've been trying to find a lower cost vet. I can't get in and out of my vet for less than $200 it seems, so I'm hoping that the vet in Northfield will be better. I'm going to take her tomorrow. Poor baby. She's just so sick. We went out for a little today, and returned to find a large vomit in the bathroom, pee on the floor by the door. I have NO idea where she got the veggies (and boxelder bugs) that were in the vomit, which was just chunks of veggies and clear fluid. (VERY slimy though...set off my gag reflex big time. Grey had to take over.) Oh, wait...there was a plate of veggies and rice that the kids didn't eat ON THE COUNTER. Hmmm...I'll have to go downstairs and see if she got that. Well, at least she'd be showing interest in food. She is eating actually. I gave her hamburger and rice today, and she liked it. I gave her a can of food yesterday and she liked that, too. But since Friday almost every rib is showing and all her vertebrae, so while she's eating, she's still wasting.

Sending more prayers with lots of hugs.... :grouphug:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter